Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

What a let down.

This is going to be agonizing living here.

Don Ho

Out, not that it matters but sit down.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Looks like Harper gets to end it. 

Hoskins leading off the inning of your life.  Swell.  Any odds he takes strike 3 looking?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

There's no way in hell I'm watching these guys celebrate this TV goes off minute the last out is recorded

Geowhizzer

Fitting ending.  Nicky C. has been killing the Phillies all season.

Munson

farging A.

2009 hurt more I think but farg this sucks
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

I'm disappointed.  But 1993 and 2009 were much worse.

Maybe I'm just numb from five decades of Philly sports.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't have any feel good shtein in me right now.

Yes it was an unthinkable crazy run. But that's all I've got for now.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on November 05, 2022, 11:20:58 PM
farging A.

2009 hurt more I think but farg this sucks

Thank you Munson, well said!  Agreed, 2009 really hurt.

93 I was proud of them, the scrappy, thuggy, badass Phillies were fun and they battle Toronto to the end.  I was very proud of that team.

83 is a distant memory and they played like shtein, O's owned their ass.

going up 1-0, then 2-1 at home just reeled us all in and we all thought this is going to farging happen!  BUT - Nicky C, Nola, Alvarado, JTR, Stott, Jean Jean, Hoskins, Ser A wasn't much better either the last week, all with weak efforts in crunch time.

WHEELER - he was great tonight, I was terrified.
RANGER - HERO!
BULLPEN (with the exception of Alvarado) - simply stellar

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 05, 2022, 11:23:32 PM
I don't have any feel good shtein in me right now.

Yes it was an unthinkable crazy run. But that's all I've got for now.

It's tough, yes I'm proud but I'll blow that horn later.  I think my outbursts earlier this evening helped my stress level.  Those were all voice messages so lots of expletives.  Im not watching MLB TV, no sportscenter tonight.  No national sports media.

Rome

Losers.  It's who we are.  I curse my parents for not being from a decent city.

MDS

they lost to a better team and made it 4 weeks further than any sane human being wouldve thought

this series specifically they had a few big hits taken away but dumb luck and good defense. but on the scoreboard they scored 3 runs in their last 3 games. just utterly abysmal. hoskins/jt/castellanos were auto outs. it doesnt matter when you pull wheeler when your offense is that bad. and this was a team designed to score runs and not really prevent them!

i had the time of my life during the past few weeks at these games so its all happy memories for me. for baseball its the journey not the destination. cant wait for clearwater.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 06, 2022, 12:27:45 AM
Losers.  It's who we are.  I curse my parents for not being from a decent city.

LMFAO!  I used to say the same thing! 

Don Ho

I bet the Castellanos family is loving this tonight.  Probably buying rounds for all the Houston fans at the bar in the ballpark.

SD

Beta attitude: We shouldn't have made it that far, house money, just happy to be here!

Alpha attitude: I hope dusty baker chokes on his toothpick, mattress Mack dies from a foul ball to the face off a Phillies bat.

farg talent...better team. The Astros wanted it more. They got smoked for 7 runs then won the next 3. The Phillies were in all these games they didn't step up. Bottom line.