Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

To funny!  He hit that ball so fast it was quiet and we didn't have hear the blabbermouths
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

They played a bad game. It happens every once in a while. They'll shake it off and move on. Zero momentum carry over once they step foot into CBP. That crowd will be insane.

PhillyPhreak54

Crushing.

Small chance for a rally and it's gone.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

i was thinking during the game how meaningless leads are in baseball...like if youre up 4-0 tied 4-4 or down 4-0 theres nothing really different youd do in terms of run prevention. shtein just kind of happens regardless of game context. eerie flashbacks to cliff lee though.

2 things can be true at the same time. aaron nola is not tom seaver and verlander got lit up in G1 of the DS last week. sometimes hall of fame pitchers have bad games.

ill be there on friday, should be lit up. lets see how the padres handle it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm calmed down now.

Musgrove is a tough nut to crack. Ranger is going to have to be on his shtein in a big way.

If they can get after Musgrove early and let the pandemonium of CBP eat away at the Pads that's huge.

G3 is big too because what do you do if you lose? Still start Syndergaard or do you have to go Wheeler on short rest since he only threw 83?

MDS

what they do in G4 is dependent on G3 but provided suarez gives them 4-5 innings, id expect some kind of syndergaard/falter combo in G4. wheeler on full rest for G5 no matter what.

not sure what theyll do behind suarez on friday. id be surprised if he faces machado for a 3rd time. maybe thats brogdon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The way it happened (blowing a 4-0 lead in a single inning meltdown) sucked, but it's greedy to expect better than a split in two away games.

Don Ho

Excellent point QB!  Winning game one is almost setting you up for a letdown as you start getting greedy/delusional thinking "damn, they're going to win the next game and they're going to come back home up two games to none but yes, very unrealistic they were going to win two in San Diego. What the Phillies have done so far in the postseason was equaled even bettered by what the Padres have done.

PhillyPhreak54

Time to pitch the game of your life, Ranger.

Ready to get this started.

Don Ho

Enjoy the game fellas!  It's such a nice day here I'm putting on the walking shoes the headsets and I'll watch this and go for a very very long walk afraid if I stay home I may destroy my office

PhillyPhreak54

Pounding the zone.

Good start, kid

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Boner deflator there.

Bryce missed crushing one by half an inch. Double play and Mr Never Takes A Pitch rolls one over.

Should've had 2-3 there.

Geowhizzer

At this point bench Castellanos and put in Vierling.  Can't get any worse at the plate, and an improvement on defense.

When was the last time Ben Simmons Jr. barrelled up?