Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

weird game. they got hosed in the 4th and im not someone who whines about umpiring.

shows how important launch angle is. dodgers hit homers and scored runs, phillies hit singles and left men on base. howard at least maintained his velo, but 2nd time through the order teams are certainly on to him. the stamina thing you figured was fixable. this...who knows. other better young pitchers have had similar issues early in their career so we'll see. have to remember howard projects as a 3, not a 1. the bar isnt insanely high here.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

"velo" "launch angle"

Stahhhp.

MDS

if velo doesnt matter im sure its just a coincidence that when howard lost 4-5 mph on his fastball he was annihilated

i dont love launch angling but the results are unarguable. tampa hits bombs and throws hard (plus values defense/speed). look at their record. but sure fine cream it to jean segura's batting average
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Jay is saying stop using velo and use velocity instead.

Also lol.

Geowhizzer

Brock Stassi signed to a minor league contract.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2021, 01:14:31 PM
if velo doesnt matter im sure its just a coincidence that when howard lost 4-5 mph on his fastball he was annihilated

i dont love launch angling but the results are unarguable. tampa hits bombs and throws hard (plus values defense/speed). look at their record. but sure fine cream it to jean segura's batting average

Romey is right.

And I get what you're saying too. But those buzzwords have worn out their welcome for me. Every swinging dick uses those terms now.

MDS

the day i write the full word for you two boomers is the day i die

PhillyPhreak54

How about a compromise?

Stop bringing up launch angle.

MDS

i only do it to show that its actually effective...need to teach you simps something about the game

id prefer the happy medium of the late 2000's when you had non roided out players, plenty of homers but not an excessive amount. but the rays and dodgers win for a reason

PhillyPhreak54

When is the last time Hoskins got a hit?

Memorial Day?

MDS

rhys is 0 for his last 31, which takes talent, and now their best player is hurt again 2.5 years into a 13 year deal

lets gooooooooooooo

PhillyPhreak54

Looks like a groin or oblique for Bryce.

Luke Williams
Nick Maton
Ronald Torreyes
0-fer Hoskins
Rafael Marchan
Andrew Knapp

That's some Sunday afternoon Francona playing Kevin Sefcik and the scrubs vibe lineup

MDS

didi seems like he will be back soonish, so youd have some kind of williams/miller platoon in RF

for as wretched as the lineup can be, they can survive bryce injury. they cant survive at wheeler-nola-eflin one

SD

If by survive you mean continue to play .500 ball agreed

MDS

well yea thats what they are

and like an idiot here i am watching this game that is 100% ending with a bullpen meltdown...i can smell like coonrod giving up a bomb or neris farting away a 4-3 lead on 2 pitches