igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Reggie White left Philly for Green Bay. 

The prosecution rests. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

so do we believe him thats its not about money yet?

i don't even think the sixers training staff have done anything this bad.

Rome

I'm just playing devil's advocate here but why wouldn't you go to a dermatologist instead of a general sports doctor?

I have no doubt their medical staff is a joke, but come on...

Diomedes

Because when Dan Snyder is paying your check, you have to go to his doctors?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on August 02, 2019, 06:06:47 PM
I'm just playing devil's advocate here but why wouldn't you go to a dermatologist instead of a general sports doctor?

I have no doubt their medical staff is a joke, but come on...

Can't speak for him, but it took me three months to get into a dermatologist down here for an eczema flare up.  My hands looked like the Phils' Saturday Night Special uniforms.

Diomedes

Christ. 

I think I'll stop bitching about the Johns Hopkins Heath Care plan my family is in.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on August 02, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
Because when Dan Snyder is paying your check, you have to go to his doctors?

I'm almost positive he can afford a dermatologist visit out of pocket. 

Diomedes

You're being obtuse.

Of course the man can afford his own doctor. 

He can also afford his own catering.  He still eats his meals at the facility. 

A player on an NFL team has a whole ecosystem of support staff at the ready, including doctors.  Real doctors, supposedly.  So I don't think it's crazy to imagine that a player might just go to the team doctor, who is right there, don't have to make an appointment three weeks from now, etc.   

I'm sure players are free to see their own doctors, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to inform the team doctors of all visits to a doctor, emergency room, etc. 

So if you have a doctor in house at the ready on the one hand, and on the other you have to make an appointment and report it/the results of it back to the team....I can understand just going to see the team doctor. 

If we were talking about any team other than Washington, or perhaps the Bengals who are ruthlessly cheap, the team doctor is probably just as good and just as on the level as any you could find outside the team.  But it's Washington, so Snyder has his own stooge doctors.

I don't think it's crazy that Williams would have trusted the team doctors.

Rome

I don't think it's crazy either.  I'm glad he took control of his own health.  In the end no one is a more powerful or effective advocate than oneself. 

QB Eagles

I remember that for a while their team doctor was James Andrews, probably the most high-profile sports medicine doctor of all time. So I'm not sure that Snyder cheaps out on the medical staff. Of course, that doesn't mean the team's medical staff is good, and even good doctors make the wrong call sometimes, especially in a situation where there's unspoken pressure to keep a star player on the field.

ice grillin you

James Andrews wasn't chillin in the locker room at their facility wrapping sprained ankles he was a figurehead who was still mostly doing surgery in Birmingham

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Apparently Washington has a QB called Woodrum, and he suffered a torn pec on Thursday, done for the season.

They're having a hard time keeping people healthy. 

Diomedes