Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

tied for the highest rated ws ever...g6 is the 2nd most watched game ever. behind?

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 22, 2020, 11:59:50 AM
It's the 1980 World Series on the MLB network.

DirecTV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Florida Storms

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 22, 2020, 03:24:10 PM
tied for the highest rated ws ever...g6 is the 2nd most watched game ever. behind?

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 23, 2020, 11:38:44 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 22, 2020, 03:24:10 PM

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986

thats up there, but 5 mil off. in fact its the last series where a game reached 40 million until the cubs g7. 1991 g6 has 40...2 years later the joe carter game had 29...last year g6 had 16.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Damn. I remember we drove back to PA to start summer vacay and got to my grandparents house just in time to see the press conference. Believe they were in San Diego?

Don Ho

I came home for lunch that day and turned on Sportscenter and I'll never forget him crying uncontrollably at the press conference.  I know he was an ass during his playing days but a buddy of mine was at that celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe about 15 years ago with his kid and said Schmidt was a class act.  His kid, 10 at the time, tried to get Billy Joe Tolliever's autograph at the putting green.  Tolliever clearly ignored the kid and gave some lame ass excuse and brushed him off.  Total prick and a nobody.  Schmitty was right there, saw the whole thing and came over to the kid and talked baseball with him for 5 minutes, gave him an autograph, took a picture with the him and gave him an autographed golf glove.  When my friend first said "I have a Mike Schmidt story" I was expecting the worst.  Pleasant surprise.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

3/4 of you weren't born or were in diapers but I remember how bad Michael Jack played in the 1983 WS vs. Baltimore.  Just looked it up:

QuoteSchmidt led his team with a .467 batting average and scored five runs as they defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1983 National League Championship Series. It was, however, a much different story against the Baltimore Orioles in the 1983 World Series. The Phillies were held to a .195 team batting average; Schmidt went just 1-for-20 with a single.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Can't blame Schmidt too much. No one else on that team was hitting all year, check out the stats. He carried them to the WS offensively.

QuoteThe Phillies were held to a .195 team batting average

Orioles only had 4 more hits than the Phils. Dead ball WS.

Geowhizzer

31 years ago today, Steve Jeltz hit 40% of his lifetime total of home runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6x-1ULjQU

PhillyPhreak54

Loved that clip.

Larry McWilliams
Steve Ontiveros
Kruk wearing 11
Nick Leyva thinking getting Tommy Herr rest was important
Jeltz going off
Ken Howell and Bob Sebra
Ground balls catching the lip of the base cutouts and zipping into the OF

MDS

in the midst of zo's roy halladay bio. really good. zo is a b/b- writer but hes a great reporter and is killing it on that end. fun and telling stories, including a rehash of the trade that got him to philly and me in boiling in anger all over again over that asinine cliff lee trade to seattle

amaro threw monty under the bus and said he made him do it...but hes the one who didnt plan for it and threw together a deal in 5 seconds for 3 piece of garbage a ball prospects. bonjour, comment allez-vous vous morceau de merde phillippe aumont

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

MDS

hes a high school pitcher who didnt even pitch this year....combine that with the phillies historical talent evaluation inadequacies and theres a humongous chance hes worse than corny randy