Week 2 - 49ers: A Home Game With Juice. What's That?

Started by MDS, September 12, 2021, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

This was going to be our (wifey and me) 32nd anny trip.  We got married the day before the Eagles/Niners game in 1989 and went to the game on our first day of our honeymoon. 

Still the greatest beating I've ever seen an Eagles defense mete out, yet Montana still destroyed them in the fourth quarter despite being sacked a mind-boggling eight times.

God he was great.

Anyway, no trip thanks to Covid.   

Diomedes

Jason Verrett injured today, ACL tear suspected.  Eagles will be facing a soft SF back field.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on September 12, 2021, 09:04:09 PM
This was going to be our (wifey and me) 32nd anny trip.  We got married the day before the Eagles/Niners game in 1989 and went to the game on our first day of our honeymoon. 

Still the greatest beating I've ever seen an Eagles defense mete out, yet Montana still destroyed them in the fourth quarter despite being sacked a mind-boggling eight times.

God he was great.

Anyway, no trip thanks to Covid.   

Izell Jenkins roast game right?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on September 12, 2021, 09:04:49 PM
Jason Verrett injured today, ACL tear suspected.  Eagles will be facing a soft SF back field.

That's a shame. He's never been able to stay healthy. He's a really good corner.

QB Eagles

Don Ho

That 1989 game was incredible, birds looked great and then Montana woke up in the second half. wasn't it John Taylor who ate Izell Jenkins for lunch?  Still shocked the Niners won that game by 10 points.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Yeah, Birds had an 11 point lead halfway through the 4th but Montana threw 4 TDs in the quarter and that was that. IIRC it turned when the Eagles got a particularly bad spot on a 3rd down, so much so that Keith Byars called it out in the post game presser, which even back then was uncommon. But in reality, Buddy and the rest of the league just hadn't realized that SFs WCO was the perfect kryptonite for the 46 defense, much the same way that little more than a decade later, the league (all except for Andy) realized the Tampa-2 was he perfect counter to the WCO.

SD

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 13, 2021, 03:54:01 AM
Yeah, Birds had an 11 point lead halfway through the 4th but Montana threw 4 TDs in the quarter and that was that. IIRC it turned when the Eagles got a particularly bad spot on a 3rd down, so much so that Keith Byars called it out in the post game presser, which even back then was uncommon.

It was on a Calvin Williams catch. The spot was terrible but the measurement showed they still got the 1st down. I think it was Byars in the the pgp that said "even after the measurement we thought we had it but when they pulled the chains up they said it was short." I remember watching it on tv and the measurement showed they had it too.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagles_Legendz

I was in Disney for the Detmer game.  Watched at espn zone.  One of the more fun regular season eagles games that I remember.

Don Ho

I'm still giddy form the 1994 game in Candlestick when Birds beat the shtein out of Steve Young (Ginger of all Gingers Andy Harmon rocked him), Siefert pulled him early knowing it was over and trying to save Young's life, and Charlie Garner looked like Barry Sanders.  Wasn't the final 40-8?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.