DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 29, 2021, 09:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

https://www.gq.com/story/devonta-smith-nfl-draft-profile

I ask DeVonta if he's tired yet, and he responds with a delightful, "shiiieeeeeeet," as if he's been coached by Clay Davis himself.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 29, 2021, 09:36:18 PM
Welcome the new Pimp.

he's not fast and isn't in any gangs other than that he's exactly like pimp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2021, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 29, 2021, 09:42:57 PM
Did they need to trade up to get him? lol. Dallas obviously didn't want him, and the Giants are pretty set at WR.

Normally when they have so many different needs I wouldn't want them to get such oneitis for a player that they need to trade up, but this is a situation where they feasibly could have had Smith far ahead of everyone else left on the board. You get in that situation, don't farg around, move up and grab the guy.

also you aren't just trading up over the teams ahead of you...you are bidding against teams behind you but Munson is a farging half wit can't think for himself and doesn't understand things like this

Eagaholic

Nice
QuoteI thought about a moment from earlier in the week, when a friend of his worried about the tornado warnings over FaceTime while we sat in 'Bama's facility. DeVonta's response was to tell the friend he wasn't scared. Then he puffed his chest out and loudly proclaimed the truth he had been desperately trying to get across to the whole football world: "I am the fargin' storm!"

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2021, 10:48:03 PM
Welcome the new Pimp.

In what universe is this "not fast."

How fast is DeVonta Smith in the 40?
4.27 seconds
12 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, clocked a time of 4.27 seconds in the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine. He is currently tied for the fourth-fastest time in combine history since 1999.

Desean Jackson?

DeSean Jackson/40 yard dash time
4.35 seconds

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: Zanshin on April 30, 2021, 08:25:39 AMIn what universe is this "not fast."

That would be the, "Shoulda drafted Justin Fields" galaxy, which resides in the "Eagles FO Can Do No Right" universe.   They are on a collision path with the "DeVonta Smith Offensive Rookie of the Year" universe, set for late winter of this calendar year.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Bold of you to assume he's not blowing out a knee in training camp.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on April 30, 2021, 08:25:39 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2021, 10:48:03 PM
Welcome the new Pimp.

In what universe is this "not fast."

How fast is DeVonta Smith in the 40?
4.27 seconds
12 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, clocked a time of 4.27 seconds in the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine. He is currently tied for the fourth-fastest time in combine history since 1999.

Desean Jackson?

DeSean Jackson/40 yard dash time
4.35 seconds

40 times at the combine arent always fair...40 times during covid are preposterous

think marvin harrison not pimp...thats who he is...not super burner straight line fast but buttery smooth on routes and quick twitchy as farg in and out of cuts

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2021, 09:04:36 AM
Not fast.  lol. Ok.

like i said marvin harrison wasnt pimp fast and was a HOF...just because you dont have  tyreek hill or pimp jets doesnt mean you cant be great...hes going to be ok, i promise

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2021, 09:09:06 AM
Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2021, 09:04:36 AM
Not fast.  lol. Ok.

like i said marvin harrison wasnt pimp fast and was a HOF...just because you dont have  tyreek hill or pimp jets doesnt mean you cant be great...hes going to be ok, i promise

"Not fast" is factually incorrect. Justify it however you'd like. That evidence simply isn't there. Opinions are nice, but, you know...objective reality sometimes works. The guy is inarguably fast by any objective measure.

ice grillin you

yeah i definitely thought a nfl wr wasnt literally fast....ya got me columbo