J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Geowhizzer, April 26, 2019, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Who go?

Ugo!

QuoteThe Seahawks selected Amadi in the fourth round of the 2019 draft. He appeared in all 17 games with seven starts for Seattle last season, recording an interception, six passes defensed, a forced fumble, and two tackles for loss. He was on the field for 55 percent of the team's defensive snaps and 49 percent of special teams snaps in 2021.

Since this guy plays special teams, maybe he's got a chance?  Is he better than Jobe?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

eagles website had jjaw listed as sixth string TE yesterday so this is a good trade for whoever this new guy is.

QB Eagles

Never heard of the guy but it's not possible that he brings less to the table than JJAW

Rome

I wish the guy luck, actually. It's not like he was a bad guy.   He just sucked.    I hope it works out for him in Seattle.

Diomedes

Seattle.  Never been.

Do they like players that suck out there? 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

JJ needs to thank God everyday the birds drafted Jalen Reagor.  Reagor's pitiful performance since day one and especially against the Giants last year dropping two TD's and his playoff game at Tampa far overshadow any thing JJ did. Yes Howie blew it on JJ pick but Reagor righ up there with Al Harris, McDougle, Marcus Smith, the Fireman, few other luminaries.

Not complete until Reagor is gone.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Hold up on Al Harris hate there.  He Flag Me was frustrating but I defend him against heinous slander such as this!

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on August 15, 2022, 08:33:16 PM
Hold up on Al Harris hate there.  He Flag Me was frustrating but I defend him against heinous slander such as this!

Correct. Al Harris doesn't belong with that company. (Edit-- wait, did you mean Jon Harris?)

Don Ho

You guys may not have been born:

QuoteJon Harris' brief time with the Eagles stunk from start to finish. In the 1997 NFL Draft, head coach Ray Rhodes chose to gamble the team's first round pick on a player who should have been a mid-round prospect at best.

Harris had only started nineteen games at the University of Virginia when he declared himself eligible for the NFL draft, and his inexperience was evident in his professional career. After two years and only two sacks, Harris was shipped off to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for fellow first-round bust John Michels.

As a final insult, fellow defensive line prospect Trevor Pryce, who was selected three spots below Harris, went on to enjoy a fifteen (and counting) year career in the NFL. As of the 2010 season, Pryce has accumulated four Pro Bowl selections and two Super Bowl championship rings.

Seen a lot of Eagles drafts over the years and Marcus Smith was pretty bad but this was the worst!  ESPN had nothing on the guy when the birds selection was read.  Berman looked like a deer in the headlights when they cut to him.  They went right to commercial while birds fan base went to right to the cyanide. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Zanshin

Quote from: Don Ho on August 15, 2022, 09:07:14 PM
You guys may not have been born:

QuoteJon Harris' brief time with the Eagles stunk from start to finish. In the 1997 NFL Draft, head coach Ray Rhodes chose to gamble the team's first round pick on a player who should have been a mid-round prospect at best.

Harris had only started nineteen games at the University of Virginia when he declared himself eligible for the NFL draft, and his inexperience was evident in his professional career. After two years and only two sacks, Harris was shipped off to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for fellow first-round bust John Michels.

As a final insult, fellow defensive line prospect Trevor Pryce, who was selected three spots below Harris, went on to enjoy a fifteen (and counting) year career in the NFL. As of the 2010 season, Pryce has accumulated four Pro Bowl selections and two Super Bowl championship rings.

Seen a lot of Eagles drafts over the years and Marcus Smith was pretty bad but this was the worst!  ESPN had nothing on the guy when the birds selection was read.  Berman looked like a deer in the headlights when they cut to him.  They went right to commercial while birds fan base went to right to the cyanide. 

We were both born-- and both understandably confused when you typed Al Harris, who is a different dude ;-).

Don Ho

That was my bad.  Loved Al Harris.  I think I was watching Castellanos strike out with the bases loaded (again) while I was typing original comments. 

PhillyPhreak54

1995 Mike Mamula...cringe.

1996 Jermane Mayberry caused me a wtf reaction but he settled in and had a nice career

1997 Jon Harris...the espn truck didn't even have film of him ready. Another wtf moment. He didn't even expect it.

So for three years I was angry at their drafting. At least they got Bobby T in 95.

QB Eagles

I remember the 90s ones but pre-Andy feels like ancient history. They had so many bad ones throughout the 90s. Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins stand out among the 21st century picks. They contributed less than even the likes of Reagor, Mitchell, and McDougle.

Eagles haven't truly botched a top ten pick since Mamula, which ain't that bad when you look at what other teams have done. Yeah Wentz fell apart after a few years, but was the major impetus to the team winning a Super Bowl which is more than can be said about most top 10 picks.

Eagaholic

Al Harris makes me think of Jalen Mills. Harris got burned sometimes and got bad flags but also came up with some really timely plays, but it always felt dicey once the pass went in the air. Mills would be remembered the same way if a call or two went against him instead of falling right, like if PI was called against him in the end zone guarding Julio Jones.

Mamula I think gets a worse rap than he deserved. Well, maybe 70% deserved. What really worked against him was all the expectations after he blew up the combine. Then, he was infamous for always getting to the QB like a quarter second late, which was extremely frustrating after a while. Fans couldn't believe the Eagles gave him a second contract, and it wasn't a bad one at that. But it was still in recent memory that sacks became an official stat, and it would be some time before fans would come to appreciate QB hurries, for which Mamula was under-appreciated. He was still over-drafted but wasn't the poster boy bust people remember him as, and in fact still had ok numbers if not for the hype.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 15, 2022, 06:59:24 PM
I hope it works out for him in Seattle.

why?

im not rooting for his death or anything but why do you give one single shtein about jj friggin AW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous