Derek Barnett, DE, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2017, 09:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

there is no comparison between actual data and random projections

in baseball stats you have facts, in drafts you have feel and guesses. what it really boils down to is you love lists and rankings and arbitrary debate more than anything, so 5 months of mock drafts >>> super bowl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 20, 2017, 01:20:31 PM
you people are dumb

there is no way you can argue with the moves theyve made

they are strong at dline and cb like theyve really never been before. theyre 9-1 bout to be 10-1. but oh no they have sideny jones and ronald darby NOT marcus lattimore the whole is coming to an end woe is me sad face pout

Their pass rush and D line is just as good without him. Now imagine having a shutdown cb with that pass rush.

Eagles_Legendz

Barnett so far is exactly what I expected ... he's fine.

He's not going to be a bust.  He'll probably be a B+ player on the team for a while but won't be a cornerstone talent.   You need those players and he'll be productive. 

I still would take Allen (or Howard probably) 100/100 times.

QB Eagles

Most sacks through 10 games by an Eagles rookie since Trent Cole.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on November 20, 2017, 01:56:35 PM
you people are dumb

they are strong at dline and cb like theyve really never been before. theyre 9-1 bout to be 10-1. but oh no they have sideny jones and ronald darby NOT marcus lattimore the whole is coming to an end woe is me sad face pout

Their pass rush and D line is just as good without him. Now imagine having a shutdown cb with that pass rush.

ok i just imagined having jones and darby on the outside and
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on November 20, 2017, 01:56:35 PM
you people are dumb

exactly....its nothing against barnett...hes good....it just wasnt the right pick at the time

high ceiling is always better than a high floor

it was just obscene how late jonathan allen went in that draft
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 20, 2017, 01:59:07 PM
Most sacks through 10 games by an Eagles rookie since Trent Cole.

He's not even as good as some random 5th rounder the Eagles drafted years ago? Bust.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

He's definitely getting better. It's nice to see him progress during his first season and not wait until 5 seasons later like Graham.

Is everyone forgetting McDougle, Mamula, and Jon Harris?

Be happy with Barnett who looks to be a solid piece on D for years to come.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

smeags

yeah but if the eagles would've just picked somebody, i mean anybody else, they would be 9-1.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 20, 2017, 02:25:10 PM
it was just obscene how late jonathan allen went in that draft

there were concerns about his health, if i recall. sure enough....

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on November 20, 2017, 03:07:20 PM
yeah but if the eagles would've just picked somebody, i mean anybody else, they would be 9-1.

posts that are edited should never be this bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

A trade up for Lattimore was the right way to go regardless if Barnett turns out to be a good player. 

Suggesting otherwise is just stupid and pigheaded because Lattimore has already proven to be elite.  Barnett has proven to be a modestly productive rotational defensive end. 

/close sesame. 

Diomedes

Had surgery to repair a sports hernia shortly after Super Bowl. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer