Isaac Seumalo, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, April 29, 2016, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2016, 09:36:55 AM
They addressed a need with a player who was picked where he should have been picked. 

Mock!

Lol

Bottom line is guard was by far the weakest part of the team and its been addressed in a big way.

ice grillin you

at least they didn't take a RB

they addressed OL depth in a good way....kid will only play this year if there are injuries and I still think his future is at center
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

probably, but its not like barbre, winewski, etc. are world beaters. he can easily win the lg job.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 30, 2016, 11:10:04 AM
probably, but its not like barbre, winewski, etc. are world beaters. he can easily win the lg job.

cant imagine he would beat out wiz.....true the guys they have are not great....but they are not great NFL guards....this kid is a not great college lineman....I think if hes ready to play at all in the league he will be a depth versatility guy for next year who will be groomed to start in 2017

an interesting o/u would be the number of non ST snaps the eagles get from this draft class next season

Rome

Expecting a third round guard to start isn't a stretch.   I don't know if this Samoan beast can play or not but he best be ready to step in because they guards they had last year were straight trash and the "talent" they picked up in free agency is suspect, and that's putting it kindly.

SD

I remember when we all bashed the Jordan Hicks pick last season. Every one of us thought he was an unnecessary reach.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2016, 01:17:33 PM
Expecting a third round guard to start isn't a stretch.

its not at all and it wouldn't be a shock if he won the job...definitely one of the easiest positions to transfer to

ice grillin you

Philadelphia Eagles: Isaac Seumalo, G/C, Oregon State  B Grade   

Isaac Seumalo is a versatile lineman who can play both guard and center. He even saw some action at tackle in college, but he probably won't be able to do that at the next level. Seumalo is a high second-round talent, so why the drop into the third frame? He has an extensive injury history regarding his feet. Still, he's worth the risk here in the third round, especially considering Philadelphia's offensive line concerns.

Don Ho

With the mess they had at OG last year and the fact it was never addressed by the smartest man in the room, Helen Keller is an upgrade.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on April 30, 2016, 10:20:58 PM
With the mess they had at OG last year and the fact it was never addressed by the smartest man in the room, Helen Keller is an upgrade.

its been addressed

Brandon brooks and wiz

Don Ho

I meant under King Chipper OL was not addressed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

espn is doing a thing on zack martin being out and they showed a stat for highest pass block rate last season and this dood was third in the nfl (for guards)

PhillyPhreak54

He's turned into a good player for sure

Don Ho

I thought you were joking, looked it up and you are correct sir, Seumalo is right up there.