Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

So I dragged my ass down to CVS at midnight Sunday night for my booster, get with the program Ginger.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

holy shtein mort just reported on game day colts are done with wentz and he will be released or traded by March 18

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he cant be traded...there isnt a single team out there that would take him at his salary/give up an asset

i thought it was possible a month ago that jags game was his last. what team out there is willing to bring in him as the undisputed starter? hed have to win a battle/be a backup and that dont seem like our carsie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2022, 12:31:58 PM
holy shtein mort just reported on game day colts are done with wentz and he will be released or traded by March 18

Utterly amazing Howie not only got him off our books but got decent value for him too. His draft history is horrid but the man knows how to get draft capital and manipulate salary.

QuoteThere's a belief that #Colts QB Carson Wentz will "'probably" be traded or released before March 19th, per @mortreport. That's when $15M in base salary becomes guaranteed. His future in Indianapolis looks "bleak."

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2022, 01:11:42 PM
he cant be traded...there isnt a single team out there that would take him at his salary/give up an asset

i thought it was possible a month ago that jags game was his last. what team out there is willing to bring in him as the undisputed starter? hed have to win a battle/be a backup and that dont seem like our carsie

that would be a wild ass fall from league mvp to a back up in like five minutes and he's not old

Diomedes

It's entirely possible he'll never take another snap and his last game will go down as one of the biggest chokes in modern NFL.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on February 13, 2022, 03:05:32 PM
It's entirely possible he'll never take another snap

Seems unlikely in a league that gave snaps to Ian Book, Garrett Gilbert, and Joe Flacco last season.

Also consider that there are essentially zero NFL-ready QBs entering the league this draft. He'll get a job somewhere, although not a starting job he doesn't have to compete for.

Diomedes

I think he'll quit rather than be a backup, or have to win a job.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

He's an interesting case in that he has physical talent, but he's not mentally capable of being a starter and not mentally willing to be a backup. Conundrum.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 13, 2022, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on February 13, 2022, 03:05:32 PM
It's entirely possible he'll never take another snap

Seems unlikely in a league that gave snaps to Ian Book, Garrett Gilbert, and Joe Flacco last season.

Also consider that there are essentially zero NFL-ready QBs entering the league this draft. He'll get a job somewhere, although not a starting job he doesn't have to compete for.

Yeah hate on him all you want he threw for  27 TD and 7 interception in a bad year....he's not a back up

MDS

but hes not a locked in starter

no one doubts carson will have offers but i doubt hed be willing to go to a place where hed have to earn the job...maybe best case scenario for him is a blow up situation like NO or CAR give him the job
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Did you watch him?  That line could easily have been 17 ints.  Homie got lucky all year.

But yeah, he's better than plenty of guys, until it counts, then he's arguably the worst.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2022, 05:36:50 PM
but hes not a locked in starter

no one doubts carson will have offers but i doubt hed be willing to go to a place where hed have to earn the job...maybe best case scenario for him is a blow up situation like NO or CAR give him the job

He blinked hard with farging Jalen Hurts behind him.

SD

New starting qb for the skin Commanders lolololol

QuoteAdam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Colts are trading QB Carson Wentz to Washington for a package of packs that is thought to include two third-round picks, sources tell ESPN.