Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

always felt to me ertz would be best served going the celek route....taking a back seat and just hanging around for a few more years and just retire as an all time eagle

maybe he had a puffed chest in the offseason thinking someone wanted him then realized oh crap im washed up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

He felt disrespected until he realized the team was actually gonna pay him $8.5M now that Howie's Deshaun Watson plan went up in a pile of lawsuits.

Rome

That's ok.  He "expressed forgiveness" at the front office and owner so it's all good. 

SD

Welcome your new Arizona Cardinals starting tight end

QuoteConversation

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Trade: Eagles are sending three-time Pro Bowl TE Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Diomedes

Fine with me...by Zach, see you in two years when you retire as an Eagle
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I'll miss his wife. 

That's the list.

Thanks for LII, though.

ice grillin you

cant believe they got a 5th for him....way more than i ever thought or expected
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 15, 2021, 01:11:16 PM
cant believe they got a 5th for him....way more than i ever thought or expected

Cardinals lost their starting TE for the season...they're legit contenders so adding a player of Ertz's caliber with playoff experience is invaluable.

Geowhizzer

This is Zach Ertz to me, and that's all I really need.

QB Eagles

Eagles got a decent return
Ertz goes to a 5-0 team at his wife's home
He bleeds green and loves the city
He's an all time Eagle who caught the game winning TD in the Super Bowl

Nice career. Not much else to say.

Rome

The troglodytes on social media are destroying this deal.  It's really funny that anyone could think a 5 and a decent CB prospect would be a bad return for a backup TE making $8.5M this year, but whatever.

Zanshin

Generally, fans are intensely delusional and stupid. Somebody had added me to a Philadelphia Eagles fan page on Facebook recently and I had to hide the posts. The level of stupid is truly astounding, and that's coming from the standpoint of expecting a core level of stupid.

Rome

BUT WHY COULDNT THEY GET A PRO BOWL OT FOR HIM?!?!?!?

(actual tweet)

PhillyPhreak54

People are stupid.

Peace out, Ertz. He's an all timer here. Thanks for 2017, pal.

QB Eagles

Second all time in Eagles receptions. Headed for third if Smith ever has a QB with league average accuracy.