the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

To be honest, the most important thing to check is their Certificate of Insurance.  You want to see a million, at least, two is better, in liability, and if there's no workman's comp listed...do not hire that contractor.  Licensing is further proof they are pros, but a lot of states and jurisdictions will hand a license out to any damn fool.  Me, for example.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

My local Giant came through with some delicious grapes today, damn.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on August 11, 2021, 08:45:47 PM
My local Giant came through with some delicious grapes today, damn.

I bought some really plump ones this week too. Green ones.

Diomedes

Can anyone think of two American cities that are as close to one another as Baltimore and D.C. and are so totally different?  I know Baltimore doesn't really count as a major U.S. city anymore, but it's still almost 600k people in the City alone (farg the County) and though it's only a couple dozen miles from D.C., it's completely different.

I had a little weekend away in D.C. just now and I couldn't wait to get home. 

ice grillin you

there cant be two cities that big that close period right?

also dc has less than 700k...its not like it has 500 thousand more people than baltimore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

oakland and san francisco

somewhat similar comp though oakland doesnt even have an inner harbor and to boot you have san jose pretty close which is like a giant rich white gated community
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I've been to Oakland and SF...fair point, and closer still than DC and Baltimore.

MDS

oakland is super weird in that its a relatively poor large-ish city surrounded by two bigger cities drowning in yuppie wealth and a few other cities like berkeley and palo alto that are hubs for big brain genius teenagers and innovators

to the naked eye it can just be lumped into calling it the bay area while bmore and dc are completely separate cities in different media markets even
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 06, 2021, 05:39:04 PM
oakland and san francisco

oh yeah duh

also san jose and san francisco and san jose has almost as many people as balitmore and dc combined
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

SF and San Jose aren't different enough to my way of thinking, at least not anymore.

Oakland and SF are pretty different feel.

D.C. and Baltimore are worlds apart.

MDS

oakland and sf are beyond different

oakland has a hipster element but its mainly like a giant west bmore/north philly. you have to make 100k+ to live in san francisco. its white tech bro yuppie central. nobody vacations to oakland or goes sight seeing in oakland. bmore at least has the aquarium, camden yards, the wooder front and im sure some decent restaurants. people go to bmore for a few days. you only go to oakland because you cant afford to stay in san fran

im not sure which one is MORE different, thats a fine debate

PhillyPhreak54

I thought the dude in the pic was Jamie Moyer at first.

Diomedes

My clueless family gave me a gift card for this fat guy clothing retailer with incredibly aggressive marketing.  I'm not fat, not by a long shot.  I'm not even "big," as they say.  Never been more than 220, at 6'2".  That was in back when I sucked Satan's cock for a living as an overpaid white collar welfare shteinheel in NYC.  I'm around 200 or so for the longest time.  But I guess that's large?  So I had this credit and used it to buy some work boots.

Three years ago.  I'm still getting non stop ads on youtube for them.  Fat guys looking tough.  Fat guys wrapped in yards of denim, doing jazz hands and wiggling.  It's obscene. 

I think I'm gonna buy YouTube premium just to escape the goddamn ads.