Dead In 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2020, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

phattymatty

This one hit me.  Those early 90s Hoyas teams got me hooked on basketball. The mid 80s Ewing teams were just a little before my time but my first sporting event ever was Gtown - Villanova with Mutombo and Mourning on the team.

I used to run into him fairly often at this steakhouse in Arlington, VA about 10 years ago.  Gigantic human being.

SD

Quote from: Munson on August 28, 2020, 10:24:55 PM
Just came to post it. So depressing. So many little kids idolized Black Panther.

Just watched the ABC special. He was at a children's hospital visiting cancer patients in 2018. He was being interviewed with the main cast of BP during the premier and two of the kids he really bonded with passed. He breaks down during the interview...such a good dude. I hated 42 and Draft Day was god awful but he was perfectly cast for the role of BP.

MDS

42 was pretty bad but think we're in a minority there

still had a lot more to give as an actor and just another sign there is no god because genuinely decent people get debilitating diseases while utter monsters like trump eat buckets of kfc grease all day and live to be 100
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Not terrific or amazing either.  Just kinda sucks for someone my age who actually remembers seeing him play in his prime. 

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Not that any way of death is good but the dementia is one of the more sadder ways I believe

Geowhizzer

Diomedes

Toots Hibbert

a giant..am sad over this one

funkiest reggae head ever

https://youtu.be/U79o7qwul48

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Gale Sayers

Animal from the legion of doom/road warriors

Geowhizzer

Former Phil Jay Johnstone passed away on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/baseballhall/status/1310757448928686080

EDIT:  Obituary

Complications from COVID-19.