Eagles Dallas Wildcard Game Predictions

Started by Yeti, January 04, 2010, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2010, 05:16:03 PM
think they are still happy they saved that few million on dawk?

is it also not infuriating to anyone else that 72 hrs before a playoff game they are still trying to figure out a position they have butchered for years

Yes & Yes

Saving money always trumps everything at One NovaCare Way.

Sgt PSN

is it also not infuriating to anyone else that 72 hrs before a playoff game they are still trying to figure out a position they have butchered for years

but but but, the broncos didn't make the playoffs so that means dawkins is totally washed up, right?  joe banner rulez!

General_Failure

Dawkins would not have made a single bit of difference this season. They had a chance at a bye week without him, and the offense would have still scored zero points with him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

hard to say definitively one way or another but i feel like they def win one more game with him

shtein perhaps dallas at home or he doesnt let oakland happen...or oakland doesnt happen because trotter isnt on the field because they wouldnt have felt the need to get some leadership on the team

then last week doesnt matter

but throw all that out....you want dawk at safety going into this week or a practice week starting lineup battle betwn friggin sean jones and macho harris
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Quote from: Greenfeather on January 06, 2010, 07:49:58 PM
Eagles 23
Dallas 21

Really need a defensive score or a kickoff/punt return for a TD.

im juss praying for an offensive TD at this point
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

^^^
for real

they have exactly one this year against dallas
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 06, 2010, 08:23:56 PM

Yes & Yes

this was one of things that I was talking to my boy about today. McDermott is getting more frustrating by the hour. No way in hell JJ is shuffling this much, especially at playoff time. Not one guy is that much better than the other (if not at all), run with his ass, and let him try to improve as each game passes.

he should be focusing more on scheme and how to utilize each players ability than this musical chairs bullshtein

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 06, 2010, 07:27:03 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 06, 2010, 05:31:16 PM
qb?

shut up already, you're annoying as hell.

yo girl step off. its the end of the line for your boy that aint on me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on January 06, 2010, 09:46:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 06, 2010, 08:23:56 PM

Yes & Yes

this was one of things that I was talking to my boy about today. McDermott is getting more frustrating by the hour. No way in hell JJ is shuffling this much, especially at playoff time. Not one guy is that much better than the other (if not at all), run with his ass, and let him try to improve as each game passes.

he should be focusing more on scheme and how to utilize each players ability than this musical chairs bullshtein

And if JJ was frustrated he wouldn't show it. But he would make changes. I think McDermott will be alright in the long run. I mean, this is his rookie year too...so he has to get his own feel.

General_Failure

Instead of changing players mid-season, Jim Johnson probably would have waited. He'd give a guy two or three seasons before deciding to try someone else in there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

My breakdown, although nobody cares:

why the Eagles can win:

1.  there were plays to be made on offense, especially in the passing game and they just weren't made.  whether it was the deep ball to Desean, the ball to Maclin, or other passes that were dropped.  receivers were open.  the way the Cowboys are trying to cover pimp leaves Maclin and Celek with favorable matchups and they need to exploit those matchups and the players need to win those matchups. 
2.  the revamped offensive line played well for the most part and gave Donovan plenty of time to make plays.  you have to worry about Dallas making adjustments and bringing more pressure, but that would open up more opportunities down the field. 
3.  once McDermott changed his initial awful gameplan the defense played...ok.  they still have to play better to win, but they did only give up 7 points in the 2nd half.  now, you can account that to Dallas taking their foot off the pedal due to the fact that it was obvious the Eagles weren't going to do anything in the game.

why Dallas can win:

1.  they won the last two games, and obviously the last one was convincing.  they have all momentum and have an offensive and defensive gameplan to get the job done.  1 offensive touchdown in 2 games against a great scoring offense is obviously something to hang your hat on.  as i mentioned above though, i think the last game was a little bit misleading in that there were plays to be made and the Eagles didn't make them, but a shutout is a shutout.
2.  they are the more talented team, they have more playmakers on their defensive line and defensive back field.  they are also playing better right now.  romo is playing the best football of his career and the line is giving him a ton of time.  their running backs are healthy

i definitely see a close game, because i can't see the eagles playing as poorly as they did last week.  and if you had to play the same team two weeks in a row, it's almost to your advantage to get killed because mentally the team knows they can't play any worse and there is nowhere to go but up. 

Eagles - 31
Cowboys - 30
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

yeah, i can't believe i actually put thought in that, farg me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.