Main Menu

Positives

Started by Yeti, January 23, 2009, 10:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

Talking to a friend of mine in Kansas City, He said "The Eagles are like the East Coast Chargers, nobody wants to face them in the playoffs and it's only a matter of time until they get a Superbowl win."  I think we have to keep in mind that 15 years ago we were lucky to get 15 seconds of exposure on Sports Center.  Now we are one of the NFLs top teams.  Let's try to throw a few more positives out there. 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

rjs246

I'm positive that every team in the NFC would love to face the Eagles in the championship game.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'll play along.

Westbrook is a football god.  It's a pleasure to see him in an Eagles uniform.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

JackStraw

Wasn't there that 70's Eagles cheerleader who flashed excellent camel-toe during a leg-kick? Now that was a positive, let me tell you.
Endless regression to the mean

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

two HOF posts in a four reply thread...not a bad ratio

dont know whos is better but rjs and mds are battling for the trophy...depending on whether yeti was serious in starting the thread will determine the winner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Magical_Retard

Ill give a serious answer and say no positives for me right now.

The Buffalo Bills of the 90s think this team is pathetic.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Phanatic

Jack Straw's post = winner
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

SD_Eagle5

They beat the Giants in the playoffs...I'm spent

Feva

It's a positive that my chest has about 8 months to heal before they rip my heart out again....
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

If you were talking to your friend 5 years ago, then I could agree with him. They are so close to being that great, but they can never get all the pieces together and time is ticking away for some of these players. I can sit here and blame Reid for so many things, but its a combination of coaching and lack of production from players. I tell ya, with our current players, I can't see them doing it. Add a few key players to the mix and I can see them being a contender, but this past year was a freaking miracle we even got into the playoffs. They need a few players and the coaches need to evaluate things better. I think both offense and defense the schemes are so complicated, that they sometime forget fundamentals of the game. Convince me otherwise, and yeah you gotta have faith blah blah, but come on. Not a damn thing has changed since 2004. I have no faith in this team until they bring in the right players for the offense and defense or until Reid and the likes are canned.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Yeti

Quote from: MDS on January 24, 2009, 01:05:48 AM
Yeti is a flamer

I am not, but I am not suprised you consider that a positive.

Speaking of positives my season was complete with the ass kickin they put on Dallas in the last game of the season.  Anybody remember that?

Sulky crybabies. 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

rjs246

Quote from: mussa on January 24, 2009, 12:08:04 PM
They are so close to being that great

Unless this is 2005, no.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Butchers Bill

The Eagles are now more like the 1992 Buffalo Bills.  Stuck between giving it "one last run" or tearing it apart.

Oh, for a positive I'll second Jack Straws but it wasn't a camel toe it was bush.

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Rome

There's always next year.