Andy and Donovan! Yeah buddy!

Started by Yeti, December 30, 2008, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

With all the Andy and Donovan bashing that goes on, consider this.  Halfway through the Baseball season, Charlie Manual was an idiot, Ryan Howard couldn't hit a ball to save his life and we were ready to tar and feather Rollins for his front runner comments.  We know how that turned out.  Now that Andy is mixing some running in with his 80 proof passing game and the offensive line looks like they can hold off an attack for more then 2.8 seconds to help McNabb be more accurate Let me throw this out there.  Can Andy and Donovan redeem themselves with a Superbowl win? 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PhillyPhreak54

Yes, I believe Donovan is capable of being a SB winning QB. The only way he does that is if Andy helps him. He hasn't helped him much in their 10-year run, so if he could start now with the way the NFC is...it could happen.

Andy has to;

keep the beard
keep calling a balanced game, even if the run is not working early
keep LJ Smith off the field

rjs246

Sure. It could happen. "Offensive Genius" Brian Billick won a superbowl with the worst offense I've ever seen. But even if it does happen, Andy Reid will still be a farging moron.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

A moron who will be getting his sweet sweaty back hair suckled on by you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 30, 2008, 08:20:43 PM
A moron who will be getting his sweet sweaty back hair suckled on by everyone on :CF

MadMarchHare

He wins a SB, I'll change my avatar.

Nothing gets me pissed off more than the talking heads saying Andy just wins.  Wins what?  A lot of games in the fall?  Who the farg cares about that?  Win a farging SB, you fat, stupid, piece of shtein!  Then we can call you a winner.  Til then, farg off.
Anyone but Reid.

Tomahawk

His team is barely over .500 since 2004. The talking heads need to quit living in the past

Seabiscuit36

He does win in December, thats a fact.  I hate the farger and the fact that it takes him usually till week 4 or 5 to realize he needs to run the ball, and this year he still hasnt figured out the formula on a weekly basis
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 30, 2008, 11:43:30 PM
it takes him usually till week 4 or 5 to realize he needs to run the ball

This is the most infuriating thing. How can he not only do this every year, thinking it will work, and then never have to answer for it to Lurie? It doesn't work, and it has never worked with the bench-warming all start receivers he has every year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Cerevant

This is my beef all along as well - he keeps saying he takes responsibility for the team's failure, yet he never seems to be held accountable for it.  If anyone went to their boss with the number of failures he has and said "my bad", their asses would be on the street.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

lol it took a miracle in a pathetic nfl for him to just win a wild card....and just 10 days ago he did his best to make sure the team didnt make the playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

... and what's so infuriating is that it's right in the back of my mind that as we get started in the playoffs... it's only a matter of time before he abandons the balanced attack and reverts back to firing on every down costing them a playoff game.  You can't enjoy the ride quite like you want to.

But because of this run at the playoffs, it means we're in for at least another 2 years of underachieving and wondering about what-if's at the end of the season.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

All true.  But that wasn't Yeti's question.  IF the Birds win it this year (they won't, but...), does Reid get some more slack?
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Not from me.

If it happens, it will have been despite Reid's best efforts, not because of them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Yeah, but my hatred will seethe a little less.  Just like "rooting for laundry", I don't give a farg about the coaches anymore than the players.  As long as the logo is tied to a Lombardi.
Anyone but Reid.