Reason why the Eagles are playing on Saturday

Started by bobbyinlondon, January 08, 2007, 07:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

sat nite is not considered primetime in the tv world...sunday late afternoon/evening garners a much larger viewing audience as many more people are at home than on a saturday nite....in fact sunday nite is considered primetime....

however the afc has this weekends sunday late game otherwise eagles would def be in that slot as they were last week with ny vs philly constituting the biggest game of the weekend

so the answer to the question of why the eagles play sat nite is because fox doesnt have the late sunday time slot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 09, 2007, 02:50:03 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on January 08, 2007, 02:23:44 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on January 08, 2007, 01:51:53 PM
Having a holiday party when there are no holidays to celebrate...

BRILLIANT!

Many companies are celebrating the life of Martin Luther King, Jr., this weekend.

With a party?

I've never heard of any company parties for his holiday.

They delay the party until after the new year so they can give out the bonuses.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 09, 2007, 03:00:51 PM
sat nite is not considered primetime in the tv world...sunday late afternoon/evening garners a much larger viewing audience as many more people are at home than on a saturday nite....in fact sunday nite is considered primetime....

however the afc has this weekends sunday late game otherwise eagles would def be in that slot as they were last week with ny vs philly constituting the biggest game of the weekend

so the answer to the question of why the eagles play sat nite is because fox doesnt have the late sunday time slot

last time in playoffs, same deal. expect eagles playes sunday afternoon at 1, and vicks played the rams saturday night. atlanta a bigger draw than philly? ummm no.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

vick vs anyone bigger than eagles vs vikings

sunday late game>>>sat late game>>>sunday early game

LEO

Quote from: SunMo on January 08, 2007, 09:16:17 AM
that's bullshtein...they never, EVER consider the fans in any decision they make.  this game is the marquee NFC game this weekend, that's why it's Saturday night.
EXACTLY

LEO

AS LONG AS THEY WIN I DON'T CARE IF THEY PLAY ON TUESDAY MORNING

ice grillin you

Quasimoto

:-D

LEO is very enthusiastic.  I care if they play on Tuesday morning.  Thats the only time I'm not drinking.  I can't break my habits.

BigEd76

He talks louder cause he can't hear too good

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 10, 2007, 04:07:44 PM

No way. Everyone know if you want to drive your point home on the interwebs YOU DO IT BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 10, 2007, 04:07:44 PM

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 10, 2007, 04:16:15 PM
No seriously....look at his profile.  :paranoid

62 and from Florida...at first I thought you were making an Uncle Leo Seinfeld reference.

fansince61

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2007, 01:59:52 PM
vick vs anyone bigger than eagles vs vikings

sunday late game>>>sat late game>>>sunday early game

doubtful. its done by market sizes. philly + minny > dirty dirty + st. louie

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

market size is far less important when its a national broadcast

new yorks 11 million people mean little when you are comparing it to 340 million people in the rest of the united states

the matchup that will get the most people to tune in country wide is what goes in the best spot and the best spot is when the most potential people are in a position to tune that game in...and more people are at home late sunday than at any other time during the weekend...which is why sunday late afternoon/evening is considered prime time and saturday evening is not