Who needs to go? - Defense

Started by Butchers Bill, November 27, 2006, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

kearse was not a monster...he had a really good start to this year...for the other two years hes been here he was underwhelming
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2006, 07:24:10 PM
kearse was not a monster...he had a really good start to this year...for the other two years hes been here he was underwhelming

That's because he's had absolutely no one else to take the pressure off of him, and he even made them look good. Seriously, who's been starting opposite of him? Kalu? Darwin Walker and Hollis Thomas starting DT's... :yay Who do you think was eating the double teams laast year, allowing Trent Cole to get his 6 sacks?

And tell me, where's Trent Cole been since Kearse went down? Getting double teamed....how many sacks has he had since then anyway?

This defensive line misses Kearse a lot.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mpmcgraw

mpmcgraw is to Burrell as Phreak is to ________

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

This defensive line misses Kearse

who said they dont miss him...hes their best lineman of course they miss him...but being the best on this line isnt anything to be proud of...kearse has been subpar in his eagle career...thats all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2006, 07:47:27 PM
This defensive line misses Kearse

who said they dont miss him...hes their best lineman of course they miss him...but being the best on this line isnt anything to be proud of...kearse has been subpar in his eagle career...thats all

As far as sack numbers go, maybe....But he's done good for a guy who was this line's only thread for pressure up until late last year when Cole took over.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

He was brought in to do two things. Take up blockers and get sacks. He's accomplished exactly one of those things. He's been subpar.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

The defensive line was going to breakdown eventually even with Kearse. The DTs have been dreadful and Howard has completely fallen off the map. Also moving Howard inside and putting Cole on the edge would've been taken away from them due to their inability to stop the run. There are hardly any 3rd and long situations anymore. Teams would still run the ball right at us.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Munson

Howard at DT...proooobably a better run stopper then Walker.

RezRob

I see Eagle fans always talking about players that take up dbl teams, and draw doubles here and there. That this is how to judge good players. Do you remember when good players produced and did more than just occupy space...oh of 2 guys! :P
Official GreenBay Correspondent...