DALLAS BEAT THE beagles

Started by wowboys, October 23, 2006, 05:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

lavar looked good again last night.  just goes to show you what kind of idiots the skins coaching staff is.

oh, and notice last night when TO dropped that easy ball, he was all smiles on the sideline, but when someone else makes a mistake, he chews them out?  i love TO.

ice grillin you

too bad lavar cant look good again until 07

yep thats TO...he does it all the time...what a POS
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2006, 10:19:45 AM
"I'm ashamed," Parcells said, "to put a team out there that played like that. I apologize to the people who came out to watch that."

i wish reid would call people out like this...maybe his team wouldnt continue to make the same mistakes over and over if he did

Right-o. Because saying that to the press = results.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on October 24, 2006, 02:38:55 PM
2 Superbowls to none says yes

I think he last won a playoff game before Reid took over in Philly, though.

I mean... Vince Lombardi was a great coach too, but I wouldn't take him over Reid in 2006.

ice grillin you

anyway i never said say it to the media (altho that would be nice)...i mean how about do it anywhere

something more than 'we are gonna keep at it' or 'we have to do better'

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2006, 02:45:26 PM
anyway i never said say it to the media (altho that would be nice)...i mean how about do it anywhere

something more than 'we are gonna keep at it' or 'we have to do better'

So, you'd simply like him to rephrase things in a harsher way?

ie:
"I have to do a better job of putting players in position to make plays" --> "I coached like a melted dog turd today"

ice grillin you

how about

"the quarterback CANNOT make that throw, and we are gonna make sure it doesnt happen again"

or

"the dumb mistakes that have been made all year and continue to be made stop this week, and if they dont someone is going home....for good"

Rome

What good would calling his players out in public do?  After he's spent the past seven-plus years doing exactly the opposite, what message would it send if he all of a sudden started launching verbal potshots at everyone?

Ripping someone publically, either in business or the sports world, is the worst kind of chickenshtein response to adversity.

If you're going to blast someone who works for you, you do it privately.  You don't embarrass and humiliate people in order to get them to do what you want them to do.  It just doesn't work, guys.

Father Demon

What they (AR, DM, others) say to the press has absolutely ZERO value to how this team performs. 

Zero.  Nada.  Nothing.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

sure it doesnt

anyway i never said he had to say it to the press....he has to say it period...lets start there and then move on the the public comments

its clear right now he either isnt saying anything or they have tuned him out

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2006, 02:59:28 PM
sure it doesnt

anyway i never said he had to say it to the press....he has to say it period...lets start there and then move on the the public comments

its clear right now he either isnt saying anything or they have tuned him out

Actually that's not clear at all.

And there is no way without resulting to more blanket hyperbolic statements, that even if said...simply would not hold a drop of water.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i dont need to say anything....the play on the field and the attitude off it says everything

but keep tracing andys footprints in the sand...im sure they will take you to some wonderful places