Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtacy1238

I beleive there are a few players the birds are targeting and will take the one highest on thier board when it becomes there pick. These players are 1. Haloti Nagata 2. Brodrick Bunkley 3. Winston Justice 4. Michael Huff 5. Chad Jackson Now with Haloti Nagata and Michael Huff would have to slip alot to them to draft so that leaves the birds with Bunkley Justice and Jackson. With Clevland and Baltimore right before use there is a real good chance Bunkley and Justice go right before. So In my Opinion that leaves us with Chad Jackson. Which is in my opinion the 2nd best big play player in this draft. 1 being Reggie Bush.
   With Pinkston back from injury and the addition of Gaffney (with a one year deal) would give Chad Jackson a chance to learn the offense before getting thrown in. Would LOVE this pick.
      So my pick is CHAD JACKSON, WR Florida
CGOD

SD_Eagle5

xtacy1238

Do you have Wimbley or Lawson projected to SLB? If so they are both very athletic and can rush the passer. I think they both fit an OLB in a 3-4 better than our SLB. Dont know if they can pass defend? They both have very good STRAIGHT line speed. Which is more conclusive to DE. So if we have to go OLB with the 1st round pick. I would look more toward a Chad Greenway or Bobby Carpenter in the 2nd.
CGOD

PoopyfaceMcGee

Both Wimbley and Lawson would play DE for the Eagles, not OLB.  If you'd read some of the other threads on the topic of the draft, you'd see a few comments about the pundits saying that both guys are best-suited to play OLB in a 3-4.  What they don't realize is that those are exactly the type of DE's the Eagles look to add to the team.

xtacy1238

Well i definitly agree that they are DE's. And they are the type the Eagles like at DE. But I really do not see the Birds going DE in the first. Especially after the Howard signing. But if one of those guys is avalible in the 2nd they would be too good of a value to pass on.
CGOD

Drunkmasterflex

To me Jackson will probably be the pick just because he will probably be the best player available at that point that fills a need.  There are some other guys that could be available that would also make sense: D. Williams, L. Maroney, M. Lawson, and K. Wimbley. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

I'm not going to say a WR because we are trading for Walker, and not an OL because that would be a stupid pick. Also not an OLB because we don't draft them that high, so I'll say DT Ngata.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 09, 2006, 04:56:39 PM
I'm not going to say a WR because we are trading for Walker, and not an OL because that would be a stupid pick. Also not an OLB because we don't draft them that high, so I'll say DT Ngata.

Why would drafting OL be stupid? And you know for a fact that they are getting Walker?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 09, 2006, 05:01:53 PM

Why would drafting OL be stupid? And you know for a fact that they are getting Walker?

No, PF's just having wet dreams.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 09, 2006, 05:01:53 PM

My post was semi-facetious, but I do think we'll get Walker.

I think OL would be stupid, because we have other more pressing needs, but if the DTs we want get snatched up, and we are there at 14, with a stud G/C available, it wouldn't be a dumb pick.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

There are no G/C types that wouldn't be a reach at 14.  None.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 09, 2006, 05:18:32 PM
There are no G/C types that wouldn't be a reach at 14.  None.

There pretty much isn't any draft that a G or C wouldn't be a reach.

PoopyfaceMcGee

xtacy1238

But with that said whos to say if Winston Justice is there he could follow the Shawn Andrews path on the Left side next to Tra for a few years.
CGOD

PoopyfaceMcGee

No one's to say that's not a possibility, but he wouldn't be drafted to play OG long-term.