Can the Eagles win without McNabb?

Started by WholeHandBling, September 13, 2005, 09:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: phattymatty on September 14, 2005, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 14, 2005, 12:03:59 PM
For one game without McNabb vs. the Niners?

Um, ok.

C'mon now, I'm not saying we can't beat the Niners.  Of course we can.  But in the long run we can't.  I figured that was the concensus of most people.

So you're just trying to type what you believe will be agreed with by everybody else? Conformist Whore.

phattymatty

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 14, 2005, 12:10:43 PM
So you're just trying to type what you believe will be agreed with by everybody else? Conformist Whore.

Individuality is for jerks and lesbians

PoopyfaceMcGee

I won't be at the Raiders game, so I'll also be participating in not hanging out with either of you iceholes.

ice grillin you

where you at?  i tailgate between CBP and the Holiday Inn

wachovia...due south of the arena....about three rows off the iron fence

look for the flag pole with the old school winsock (only one of its kind) and the flyers flag

i used to park on darien right against the holiday inn park lot back in the mid 90's when it was free
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Larry

I'd say there's a possiblity we could still win a championship...with McMahon, but not with Detmer (and I'm basing this on the fact that McMahon has superior physical skills and he's an unknown quantity). 

I know one thing, if either of those two were to play, Reid would suddenly start relying more on the running game, which might help the offense in the long run (and the defense as well by controlling the clock).

More Mahe please.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteMcNABB WILL SIT OUT PRACTICE 

September 14, 2005
By CHRIS McPHERSON

Quarterback Donovan McNabb will not practice Wednesday because of his chest contusion and will be listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Despite missing practice, McNabb is confident he will be on the field Sunday.

"Nothing would ever stop me from getting back on that field," McNabb said.

McNabb was nailed in the chest by Falcons defensive tackle Chad Lavalais throwing a deep pass during the first quarter of Monday night's loss in Atlanta. McNabb, who was 24-for-45 with 257 yards a touchdown and an interception, admitted that he wasn't 100 percent after the hit.

Head coach Andy Reid said during his press conference Wednesday that he'll see how McNabb's chest heals as the week goes on and will make a determination on who will start.

At Wednesday's practice, Reid will have both backups, Koy Detmer and Mike McMahon, take snaps with the first-team offense.

When asked why not just focus on one backup taking the snaps, Reid said that he wants "to have both ready" just incase.

McNabb said that he would be very confident if either Detmer or McMahon had to start.

"I already know what Koy can do. He's very smart," McNabb said. "Mike's very athletic. He is picking up the offense very well."

If the coaches are concerned about not having McNabb start because he didn't practice, McNabb said that he would "make (the coaches) feel positive about me being out there."

"If I'm out there I feel like I can help the team as much as possible."

McNabb kept his usual joking demeanor when asked about what limitations he had because of the injury.

"I'm not able to walk my dogs like I used to," McNabb said. "I can't pick up my baby and toss her around, she has to work on walking."

Reid said on Tuesday that McNabb had an MRI, an X-ray and a CT scan on his chest. The results showed that there was bruising, but no structural damage.

MURP

General_Failure

Just as long as he doesn't McNair it up all season. Hey, maybe Reid could help the guy out by calling a run once in a while.

The man. The myth. The legend.