Fantasy Football - Playoff Edition

Started by Sgt PSN, December 17, 2009, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

it starts with the wild card round of the playoffs and continues on until the super bowl.  here's how it works:

build your roster to these specs:

1 qb
2 rb
2 wr
1 rb/wr flex
1 te
1 k
1 def/st
3 bench (max 1 player at each position....in other words, you could have 1 qb, 1 rb and 1 te or 1 rb, 1 wr, 1 def/st, but not 2 qb, 1 wr or 3 rb)

rosters will be made up from players of teams who make the playoffs (obviously).  no need for a draft as the same players can be on multiple rosters.  once you set your line up, that's it.  no trades, no drops, no additions.  after each round of playoff games, players on teams that were eliminated are out and you either have to replace them with someone on your bench or go the rest of the way with an empty spot.  example:  you pick aaron rodgers as your qb and the packers get eliminated in the first round.  if you don't have another qb on the bench (or if your other qb is also eliminated) then you go the rest of the way with no qb.

total points wins out, so no head-to-head match ups. 

point system is:

passing:

1 pt/10 yds
6 pt/pass td
2 pt/pass 2PAT
-1 pt/sack taken
-2 pt/int thrown

rushing:

1 pt/10 yds
6 pt/rush td
2 pt/rush 2PAT

receiving:

1 pt/10 yds
6 pt/rec td
2 pt/rec 2PAT

kicking:

1 pt/PAT
3 pt/fg 0-39 yds
4 pt/fg 40-49 yds
5 pt/fg 50+ yds

def/st

1 pt/10 return yds -
1 pt/sack
2 pt/safety
3 pt/recovered fumble
3 pt/interception
6 pt/return td
1 pt/blocked PAT
2 pt/blocked fg/punt
3 pt/recovered onside kick attempt (kicking team only)
-1 pt/25 yds allowed (def)
-1 pt/50 yds allowed (st)
10 pt/shutout

if you want in, just post that you're in.   i'll place the rosters and track the scoring via excel spreadsheet on google docs and will provide the link so everyone can see their progress.  i'd like to have at least 7 committed to doing this by jan 3...although anyone can continue to join in after that up until the roster deadline. if there's less than 7 on jan 3, then i doubt we'll do it because i probably won't feel like doing the work of putting together the spreadsheet for just a couple of people.  i'll take roster/team submissions all the way up until midnight, jan 8.  roster adjustments can be made up until 12pm est on jan 9 and 12 pm est each saturday after.

roster submission/changes can be given to me via pm or posting them in this thread.     

winner gets a copy of igy's book of movie reviews. 

MDS

the playoffs dont start for another 3 weeks you god damn jew
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

no ish.  that's why i'm throwing it out there now to see who's interested you farging jesus killer.   

4and26

In....

I'll get my team in by weeks end.

Sgt PSN

ok, so that's 2 counting myself.  anyone want in on this?  if not, i'm pulling the plug. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

CanadianEaglesFan

I'm in too if there are enough people.  ::)
"The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong."

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole!"

reese125

hysterical...this cat checks in once a year to win internet playoff challenges. knock it off Canadian

Tomahawk

Sgt PSN

canadianeaglesfan  = 4thand26's wifey

4 people in so far.  would like to get at least 3 or 4 more to make it worth while

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

phattymatty

i'll play homos.  how much chedda are we talkin?

Sgt PSN

no money riding on this thing and i doubt i would make it "mandatory" but if anyone wants to throw in some $ on it, feel free. 

4and26

Quote from: reese125 on January 04, 2010, 12:38:44 PM
hysterical...this cat checks in once a year to win internet playoff challenges. knock it off Canadian

ha...I'm here all the time... :evil