2008 CF Fantasy Football

Started by ice grillin you, July 26, 2008, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

btw i can change the amount of defensive players if everyone wants that...i copied these settings from my regular fantasy league but i realize not everyone is down with that many d players if any at all

lemme know
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

I prefer drafting for 35 rounds
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

I don't understand bitching about the scoring..it's not like it gives any single player an advantage.  The rules are the same for everyone.

If you don't like 'em, don't play.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

looks like people are taking your advice...at this point we will be lucky to get 10

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2008, 06:37:35 PM
looks like people are taking your advice...at this point we will be lucky to get 10

3 way, not too bad

cheer up, guy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on July 27, 2008, 03:07:16 PM
..it's not like it gives any single player an advantage. 

That's the thing...ff scoring has always been that is some leagues RBs are gold, in some QBs are...when you try and level the playing field across all positions, it kinda takes the fun out of it. It's almost like fantasy football communism.

A kicker or a defensive back should not have the same value as a QB or a RB
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

But on a real football field they do, Wing.  A kicker can kick three or four field goals or miss an extra point and as a result can make just as much difference in a game as a running back or QB.  Same goes for a DB.

If you spread out the scoring it makes drafting and free agent pickups all the more important.

Just how I see it, though

Wingspan

Quote from: Rome on July 28, 2008, 09:14:30 AM
But on a real football field they do, Wing.  A kicker can kick three or four field goals or miss an extra point and as a result can make just as much difference in a game as a running back or QB.  Same goes for a DB.

If you spread out the scoring it makes drafting and free agent pickups all the more important.

Just how I see it, though

fantasy football is not real football. just sayin.
Connection Problems

ice grillin you

in my league kickers and defensive players are not quite equal to offensive players...however a good game by a kicker will beat a weak game by an offensive player...same thing with the defense...if a guy gets you two sacks a forced fumble and a few tackles he will beat a wr who had four catches and 60 yards

its qb rb te and wr that are all equal

reese125

So by that example you just gave, your d-lineman get 11 pts.and toss in a pass deflected on the line to make it 13

So my 1st receiver picked needs a no TD  300 yd day or a 200 yd/TD day to match that very attainable weekly stat by your lineman

Jared Allen # 1 pick it is then

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on July 28, 2008, 10:52:36 AM
So my 1st receiver picked needs a no TD  300 yd day or a 200 yd/TD day to match that very attainable weekly stat by your lineman

Jared Allen # 1 pick it is then

you arent very smart are you?

your first wr could have a six catch 120 yard no td day and match that

however a huge week for a wr would include a td and therefore would get more than 11 pts that the DL would have their...plus youre using the very top end of what a DL would do in a great game...a lineman might have a game like that maybe once or twice a year...your #1 wr is going to a bunch of games over 11 pts during the year..theres no comparison

jared allen i think led all defensive players last year in pts at 132

bernard berrian who had a fairly average fantasy year had 139

so go ahead and take a defensive player first so i can have your ten bucks

reese125

That's my bad-didnt see the points per reception

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2008, 10:20:30 PM
3 DL/LB
3 DB
damn.  i don't really like idp leagues to begin with & this one is more heavily weighted toward them than most.
i'll check back in a few days & if it looks like you guys are stuggling to fill out the league, i'll join if you'll have me.

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is