2008 CF Fantasy Football

Started by ice grillin you, July 26, 2008, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

10 team nfc is now up and running

anyone else up to making an indentical 10 team afc?...pm me for the league settings so they can be indentical

we are hoping the nfc can be for 10 bucks a head so if youre not down to cake off join the afc

that doesnt mean we wont have an overall CF champion btwn both leagues

league playoffs will be weeks 15 and 16 with week 17 being a superbowl bwtn the two winners

nfc sign up info

league # - 222778
league pass - tocchet
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

in but this scoring system is off the charts awful
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm all for busting balls (obviously) but seriously, what's wrong with this?

QuotePassing Yards (40 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (15 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (25 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (2)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3.5)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-4)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3.5)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
Tackle Solo (.5)
Sack (4)
Interception (4)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (2)
Block Kick (2)

Diomedes

in

there's a money bet on this or not?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

missed fg's
passing yards too much (should be around 20-30)
reception yards too much (10 and only 10)
rushing yards to much (same deal)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on July 26, 2008, 11:52:37 AM
in

there's a money bet on this or not?

10 bucks a head is what IGY and I were talking about.   Winner take all works for me.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

For real though-
I've never seen a leage scoring sysytem so predicated on defense, not to mention your receiver better be money or forget it about it

Rome

What the system does is prevent a single freak statistical performance from making the difference between winning and losing.  There were times last year that an entire roster would do well only to be beaten because a running back ran for 225 and 4 touchdowns.  It shouldn't be that way, IMO.

But whatever.  If you guys want changes, I'm sure IGY can make them.

reese125

although Romey, you have to admit--when an RB has that kind of day--the owner of him should be rewarded accordingly because that kind of performance happens once every so often...and its like hitting the jackpot.

I agree that system makes it tougher which is nice--but also when a defense has 4 or 5 sacks, youre talking 20 points right there--something your 1st or 2nd round rb or wr cant even get most of the time. Then you throw in a interception here and there thats another 8pts.

MDS

first off is reese/cole should have to pay double $ douche fee if they/it decide(s) to join

second is that i think there should some kind of offensive lineman stat so i can draft king dunlap

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
What the system does is prevent a single freak statistical performance from making the difference between winning and losing.  There were times last year that an entire roster would do well only to be beaten because a running back ran for 225 and 4 touchdowns.  It shouldn't be that way, IMO.

But whatever.  If you guys want changes, I'm sure IGY can make them.

exactly...it makes every position equal...a wr big game = a rb big game = a qb big game...no anomalies

ive only used these exact stats in our fantasy league for the last ten years...so i have have no idea what im doing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.