2021 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

im pretty on the scale of fantasy and fiction doug pederson winning a super bowl with nick foles is closer to there being a god than jalen hurts being halfway decent is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Qb class of 2022 ain't good

Which means Howie is gonna trade up for a bum

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 27, 2021, 12:18:35 AM
Qb class of 2022 ain't good

Which means Howie is gonna trade up for a bum

this seems too soon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2021, 01:45:15 PM
focus really shouldn't be on who they can get at 12 it should be on the fact that they have 12 picks this year and probably 3 ones next year...rebuild full steam ahead choooo chooo

Roger that!   The trainwreck is back on the tracks.  20 picks next two drafts, lots they can do. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

albert breer is a white nationalist and a hack but he had a good nugget this AM

QuoteThe Eagles worked exclusively with the Dolphins, and Roseman had to keep the trade under wraps in the two-plus weeks in between to allow for the bang-bang nature of how it eventually would go down. And with the Eagles believing there is a pretty good chance the Bengals will take LSU's Ja'Marr Chase at five (we mentioned in our mock this week that that Joe Burrow has given Cincinnati's brass a glowing recommendation), Philly felt comfortable with the difference in talent between six and 12—and also operated with the knowledge that it'd be hard to get a future first (this being Miami's slotted No. 1 in 2022) in exchange for moving down closer to the draft, particularly if it looked like the top four picks would be QBs.

if howie is right and chase goes 5...then ok. but man he better be right
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i wasnt convinced he was going to take a WR at 6 and id bet against it at 12....i think he ends up trading back again and takes BPA at one of the positions hes loves OT - CB - edge rusher or stays at 12 and does the same

Geowhizzer

Honestly, there are so many needs at this point, BPA would be the best bet... if I had a shred of confidence in Roseman/Lurie.

SD

Aside from Lawrence and Wilson players are all over the draft board. Speculation is 5 qbs could be taken within the first 10 picks (Lawrence/Wilson/Fields/Lance/Mac Jones)...that would obviously be great for the Eagles.

MDS

i do wonder if pitts falls to 9, they go up to get him. giants wont take him at 11 but you know jerrah would

ice grillin you

why is a team in a five year rebuild auto taking a pass catcher much less trading up for one... don't get the tunnel vision obsession amongst so many people

at six the way the draft is going to fall I understood it at least...but like beat writers right after the trade back were writing articles breaking down what wr could be at 12

MDS

because pitts is potentially special

the eagles have zero great players. i get it they need *a lot*

also hes from philly

ice grillin you

Sewell is potentially special so is Rousseau and at a more important positions

I just don't get the thinking the eagles HAVE to take a pass catcher...everyone is acting like they have to take one with their first pick or fold  the franchise

clearly howie agrees or he wouldn't have moved out of six

SD

Every position is a position of need so bpa should prevail. Fans generally get more excited over offensive skill players than they do other positions. Howie will probably draft someone with a mid 2nd grade because he's still not cured of the smartest guy in the room syndrome

Eagaholic

Mac Jones seems to be moving up pretty quick and 5 QBs could come off before the Eagles pick at 12. I see 3 non-qb elite prospects and 3 that aren't very far behind, just with a little lower floor. So, it's possible eagles could miss out on one of them by one spot at 12. Denver would be a good trade up target at 9 if they don't enter the quarterback derby since dallas and nyg draft at 10 and 11. Maybe jerruh would be willing to return the favor from last year with a trade but doubt it, especially without charging a premium. It would restore a little faith in Howie if he went up a couple slots and still came away with a top tier player after his haul trading down, maybe even one he would have taken at 6.       

Diomedes

I just looked it up.  The draft is a month away.   Plenty of time for all of this to change and change again.  Pitts to fall, Whozeewhatsit to rise, blah blah blah.

A whole month before we get a genuine WTF moment, like when the words "Jalen Hurts" were uttered last year.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger