The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

I'll never go to a game again if they move out of the city...I might not even watch one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2022, 11:02:32 AM
I'll never go to a game again if they move out of the city...I might not even watch one

a s jerz arena would be a boon for the flyers but id have to think it would hurt the sixers...most of their ticket buyers are city folk or main liners (i.e. jews). people shooting down from work. among the suburbanites in jersey, there cant be a ton of nba fans

im with you id never go to one ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Kevin Durant has interest in a trade to the Boston Celtics or Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell Ian Begley of SNY.tv. Durant was previously focused on the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat, who each likely lack the assets necessary to trade for him.

The Celtics and Brooklyn Nets engaged last month on a trade centered around Durant for Jaylen Brown.

The Nets have sought the inclusion of Marcus Smart, who Durant would like to play with if he's traded to the Celtics.

Brown has been the best single player offered to the Nets in a trade for Durant.

The Sixers would have to include Tyrese Maxey in a trade for Durant along with some combination of Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and other assets. The Sixers already sent a number of assets to the Nets as part of the James Harden trade

On the one hand he's one of the best basketball players ever and gives the Sixers their single best chance at a title with Embiid...on the other hand I'm growing sour on getting rid of Maxey and Durants a funhole.

phattymatty

I hope the decision is up to Jojo and Harden.  Would be tough giving up potentially 10 years of Maxey but I guess if it can happen you gotta do it.  He's also missed more games to injury than Jojo over the last 3 years.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

If Sixers say no KD wins a championship with Boston next year.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on August 10, 2022, 09:16:40 PM
If Sixers say no KD wins a championship with Boston next year.

Bingo. The Sixers would be absolutely foolish to not make such a move if it was viable (and I doubt that it is viable). But as a fan the likability gap between Maxey and Durant would be huge.

Geowhizzer

Durant's played 42% (90 of 219) of the possible games in the past three seasons.  He's fragile, a diva, and will be 34 next season.

The talent is undeniable... but is it worth losing a young, improving player?

Don Ho

Quote from: TAFKASD on August 10, 2022, 06:05:24 PM
On the one hand he's one of the best basketball players ever and gives the Sixers their single best chance at a title with Embiid...on the other hand I'm growing sour on getting rid of Maxey and Durants a funhole.

Exactly, IF he wasn't turning into a chandelier and fragile as ever, hurt all the time and IF he wasn't such a douche, hell ya, all in.  Boston is so much closer to an NBA title than the Sixers choking ass.  KD could play on crutches and C's still stand a great chance of taking it all next season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

if there is any possibility of it actually happening, morey will pull the trigger.  I don't know his nerd math but he's always saying his goal is to have the highest % of winning the championship.  I feel like he said that great Houston year they were at an 11% or something.  this team would be even higher than that. 

I love maxey but he ain't holding this deal up.  I still think jo retires in like 2-3 years anyway, so all in now. 

Geowhizzer

Why was the Kincade show talking about trading Embiid for Durant this morning (7am or so)?  Seems... implausible.

PhillyPhreak54

That's farging dumb.

If a caller brought it up? Dumb

If the host pitched it? Fire him

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 11, 2022, 06:16:53 PM
That's farging dumb.

If a caller brought it up? Dumb

If the host pitched it? Fire him

When I heard it, it was one of the hosts.  Jamie Lynch, I think.  The full panel discussed it for a few minutes, though.

Basically were tossing Maxey and then Embiid.

phattymatty

lol that ridiculous.  but literally the entire rest of the team, sure. 

phattymatty

Melton was tearing up the Drew League last weekend.  Pretty fun seeing a new Sixer ballin out against really good players.