ice grillin you

With harden here Tobias has checked out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

honest question

am i better at basketball than tobias
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

almost had that jo knee injury that havas is rooting for.  I screamed out loud, that looked rough.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on February 27, 2022, 02:01:52 PM
almost had that jo knee injury that havas is rooting for.  I screamed out loud, that looked rough.

A couple of close calls for him today.  That dive into the seats was... ill-advised?

PhillyPhreak54

Way to let them back in it. Can someone stop Fournier from cooking them plz

PhillyPhreak54

Nice fourth quarter.

That three by Maxey was a beaut

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 27, 2022, 03:12:58 PM
Way to let them back in it. Can someone stop Fournier from cooking them plz

theres always a worried warren or a scared susan (havas)

ere'one else knows this is FUN and they were never losing to the stupid knicks...sit back and enjoy this. its probably going to end in some kind of debilitating playoff loss but the next 2 months are gonna be sick
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on February 27, 2022, 02:00:42 PM
honest question

am i better at basketball than tobias

I love the Sixers I enjoy watching the Sixers I've been a fan my whole life but I don't contribute much to this Sixers thread as you folks know much more than I do and have a much better pulse on the team and league than I do but God damn Todd you are correct, watching Tobi today made me spit up my morning cup of Joe numerous times.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

thinking about maxey...who is the last pick by any Philly team who went in the twenty's and has this much juice around him

is there anyone comparable?

MDS

dom brown was the 20th overall pick but baseball drafts barely counts, its all about the prospect hype and that can happen to a 4th or 14th rounder

last real one i could think of is dawk. 2nd rounder who eventually became a HOFer legend

ice grillin you

Yeah it's a tough question just cause how different all sports are....dawk is a good call but still not comparable cause a safety as one of 22 players isn't the same as 1 of five nba players...no one was raving about dawk til like year four....where as maxey was a steal from the minute he was drafted

QB Eagles

Yeah no one would ever care about a baseball or hockey pick outside the top 10 until years later, even if they were great. As for the Sixers, they had only one pick in the 20s from 2002-2015 (Daequan Cook), so it's not like we had much opportunity to be disappointed. Samuel Dalembert was probably the best player taken in that range the last 30 years.

Mike Quick was taken #20 overall in 1982. At first the pick was seen as a disaster because Vermeil had blabbed to Chuck Knox that he was going to take Perry Tuttle, so the Bills traded to pick Tuttle right in front of the Eagles. The Eagles had to scramble a bit and took Quick as somewhat of a reach. The 82 season was the strike year and Quick only had ten catches. In 1983 he was first team all pro, which is far ahead of where Maxey is in his second year (again, 22 positions instead of five though).

PhillyPhreak54

Supposedly interested in DeAndre Jordan

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 28, 2022, 09:01:40 PM
Supposedly interested in DeAndre Jordan

Better option than the guy they picked up at k&a for 10 days