Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2022, 02:32:59 PM
you are not. i never talked to him about offseason plans

Nola's a whiner...they want to move on from Jean and put Stott at 2nd...Painters probably playing next season? You? My cousin has a source but he rarely gets big info but I think it was him who mentioned Turner. Not even sure how they could make they work.

Geowhizzer

What I've read suggests Painter around the all-star break.  I'm sure that (if it still applies), they'll wait until he passes the threshold for Super-2 arbitration.

PhillyPhreak54

I know the last month was a helluva ride but it sucks to see the offense go into hiding in the final three games.

They have to find some contact in the lineup. Ideally they trade Hoskins too.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 06, 2022, 03:59:15 PM
What I've read suggests Painter around the all-star break.  I'm sure that (if it still applies), they'll wait until he passes the threshold for Super-2 arbitration.

middleton was indicating they very much expect him to break camp with them, provided spring training goes well. theres the issue of his innings limit though, which is why id do a 6 man but not sure they agree. a possible scenario is painter starting for like 5 months, with a break or two, then becoming a reliever in september

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 06, 2022, 03:47:10 PM
My cousin has a source but he rarely gets big info but I think it was him who mentioned Turner. Not even sure how they could make they work.

its not some kind of inside scoop to link turner to them. they have a hole at middle infield and money to burn.

if they sign turner i would move hoskins, yes. you can either add a LH corner bat or roll with hall to begin the year. bohm shifts between 1B and 3B, sosa plays 2-3 times a week at 3B for defense. but do remember, they will be without bryce for around 2 months so they do have some offense to make up for.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on November 06, 2022, 10:19:53 AM
It was a surreal experience to suddenly be living and dying on every out of multiple baseball games in October.

Surreal is exactly what it was.  I wanted to blow this organization to smithereens after the sweep by the Cubs last week of September, I was done.  Brewers shteintin' the bed, Nola's game of his life in Houston to clinch a WC, STL - talk about surreal, Braves, Padres and to be up 1 run in the 6th inning of game 6 of the WS.  Like Todd said no sane human being saw this coming.

Enjoyed every minute of it!  Of course a few low blow moments but the highs of this postseason run were truly amazing, absolutely surreal.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

QuoteNoah Syndergaard, Brad Hand, Corey Knebel, Kyle Gibson, Chris Devinski and David Robertson all declared free agency.

Next!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Cory Knebel there's a blast from the past

Don Ho

Seriously, totally forgot he existed.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 06, 2022, 06:30:42 AM
They didn't lose because the Canuck yanked Wheeler. They lost because the offense literally didn't hit AT ALL.  We've seen it happen all year.  They explode on teams and then completely zone out for a week at a time.  It's who they are. 

They had no business being in the World Series but the ride was fun as hell to watch.

Hmmmm, Romey nailed it:

Their 71 total strikeouts is a record for a World Series of any length.

Their .163 batting average is the lowest team average ever for a World Series of at least six games

Don Ho

Quote"That's just the trend of baseball, right?" Castellanos said. "It's about strikeouts, home runs and walks. What is it, the three true outcomes. I think the philosophy of today's game, everything is power pitching and launch angle and things like that. It's just a product of what's being taught."

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on November 07, 2022, 04:44:39 AM
Quote"That's just the trend of baseball, right?" Castellanos said. "It's about strikeouts, home runs and walks. What is it, the three true outcomes. I think the philosophy of today's game, everything is power pitching and launch angle and things like that. It's just a product of what's being taught."

Says the guy who failed to hit a home run over the last 2.5 months of the season, including playoffs, and almost never walks.

Geowhizzer

Nola option picked up.
Segura option declined.
Eflin declined his player option.

Don Ho

Ok with all of the above.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer