Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

farging losers. Wish I would have gone just so I could boo Castellanos

PhillyPhreak54

Getting beat by old ass .200 hitting Yan Gomes is always nice

PhillyPhreak54

Lol

They could start off 0-12 post AS break.

My guess is 3-9

MDS

j bird your team is a catastrophe
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

So, the Salisbury-Castellanos lockerroom dustup morphed into a Jamie Apody-Matt Gelb Twitter dustup.

Gelb did not look good in this exchange.

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't seen it yet but Gelb is usually pretty angsty/salty so I'll have to go check it out

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2022, 06:48:29 PM
j bird your team is a catastrophe

Indeed. Thank god CFB and NFL are on deck

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Gelb comes off as I expected. However Apody did edit it and after watching the full response...Gelb is right. Castellanos doesn't look as bad.

And yeah it was a stupid question. Of course he, and any athlete, would hear the boos. It seemed as if Salisbury was fishing for the "maybe he's not equipped to play here" type story.

Side note - does anyone know what Gelbs leave of absence was for awhile back?

MDS

gelb is good buddies with salisbury, who got a lot of unwarranted heat for this. hes sticking up for his boy.

TBF you cant post like a 5 minute twitter video. apody cut it down to the relevant parts, pretty common practice. she probably didnt think too much about context or how jim would come off. none of the other beats shared the video. this kind of thing happens a lot, usually it stays in the clubhouse to protect relationships.

beat writers are also insanely territorial (i was guilty of this) so if youre never there then insert yourself into the surroundings, the other writers are going to be pissed. should gelb have called her a disgrace? uhhh no. gotta be more respectful and professional.

ill take him at face value when he said he needed a month to handle some shtein at home...kids, house, etc. hes far and away the best phillies writer so if he needs a month to chill im cool with it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 24, 2022, 12:12:23 AM
Moved my son into his college apartment today, so I got to miss the game again.  WOOT!

On a side note, he was an infant when I joined this board.

I saved us a handicap stall.  I'm parked right between J and Romey.

This fricken' team aged me a few more years this weekend.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Geo, when the Birds are shtein come December I'll volunteer to fly up and pick up your son at school so I can miss their clown act and same in March for spring break to miss Sixers tire fire.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2022, 09:52:37 PM
gelb is good buddies with salisbury, who got a lot of unwarranted heat for this. hes sticking up for his boy.

TBF you cant post like a 5 minute twitter video. apody cut it down to the relevant parts, pretty common practice. she probably didnt think too much about context or how jim would come off. none of the other beats shared the video. this kind of thing happens a lot, usually it stays in the clubhouse to protect relationships.

beat writers are also insanely territorial (i was guilty of this) so if youre never there then insert yourself into the surroundings, the other writers are going to be pissed. should gelb have called her a disgrace? uhhh no. gotta be more respectful and professional.

ill take him at face value when he said he needed a month to handle some shtein at home...kids, house, etc. hes far and away the best phillies writer so if he needs a month to chill im cool with it.

She could have just posted the link to the full video - or a tease and then link it without condensing to make it seem like the "confrontation" was immediately after.

Local stations are a joke usually anyways. You get like :30 a night and tell people what they already know.

Yeah I didn't know what caused him to take a break. But he is the best on the beat.

MDS

tv people wouldnt know how to do journalism if it hit them in the face...she wears makeup and reads off a prompter for a living. big whoop. but they do have fans and jamie's are ripping matt to shreds lol 

the video has 2.4 million views. a 5 minute vid doesnt get that, a link to a 5 minute vid doesnt get that type of engagement. she knew what she was doing by shortening it, i dont think there was any ill intent to make jim look bad. but rather just get content.

PhillyPhreak54

All about that content.

Man local news fans are something else. Usually creeper dudes telling the ladies how good looking they are.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 24, 2022, 09:38:00 PM
Yeah Gelb comes off as I expected. However Apody did edit it and after watching the full response...Gelb is right. Castellanos doesn't look as bad.

And yeah it was a stupid question. Of course he, and any athlete, would hear the boos. It seemed as if Salisbury was fishing for the "maybe he's not equipped to play here" type story.

Side note - does anyone know what Gelbs leave of absence was for awhile back?

the question was perfectly acceptable...he wasn't asking if that bum literally heard the boos any idiot knows he did he was asking if he heard them in the sense of does it bother him and or affect his play

Nuance and context are our friends
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous