Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I expect him to fail because it's The Phillies Way, but I could never hope he does.

I am beginning to think, though, that Girardi has compromising pictures of Phillies' brass.

Don Ho

Thank god for nice weather, surf and BBQ. 

Knebel is just atrocious.  Yes Hector cost bums numerous games over his career here but he was not brought in to be the man out of the pen.  Clown couldn't close a door without tripping on his two left feet. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I just rewatched the Eagles LII highlights.

That's it.  That's the tea. 

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 30, 2022, 07:30:06 PM
I expect him to fail because it's The Phillies Way, but I could never hope he does.

I am beginning to think, though, that Girardi has compromising pictures of Phillies' brass.

its different because like stott and bohm were productive enough in the high minors to warrant big league time. that they stink is of course the phillies being the phillies.

moniak was horrible every step of the way in every way shape or form. except for 2 weeks this march. and golly gee he could barely make contact today. go figure.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 30, 2022, 07:27:42 PM
i want moniak to fail just to spite all the morons on phillies twitter who think hes willie mays because he had 2 good weeks of spring training...its all i got right now

super white people are special
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Ninth inning or later home runs allowed since 2016

135 phils
130 nats
121 twins

MDS

out of all the phillies myriad failures, not producing relief pitching talent is the most amazing. even like the pirates and mariners produce usable relievers. the phillies produce nothing, so they have to go dumpster diving for workman, kennedy, knebel or use a middle reliever like neris in the 9th.

the depths of incompetence with this organization, from 1883 to 2022, is staggering and frankly kinda impressive
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

that's so true....zesty teams seemingly trade a great reliever to the Yankees or Red Sox every season and the Phillies haven't developed a single one maybe ever

MDS

ser is pretty good but hes never been consistently healthy...they also completely misjudged his ability and had him working as a fireman for the first 2 months of the season. joe finally woke up and is using him as setup when he should be the closer. his stuff is unquestionably better than knebel.

recently? madson was decent. jake diekman is still hanging around. ken giles had some moments but had the emotional maturity of a toddler. i wouldnt call those guys nasty. i think thats about as good as theyve produced.

PhillyPhreak54

Familia.

What an embarrassment.

PhillyPhreak54

Girardi.

An even bigger embarrassment.

Pitching to Pederson when LaStella was on deck?

Fire him.

And yeah wtf with the bullpen and this team.

God damn.

MDS

there is something seriously wrong with anyone who would watch 5 hours of that

so anyway about my night

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 31, 2022, 11:27:40 AM
out of all the phillies myriad failures, not producing relief pitching talent is the most amazing. even like the pirates and mariners produce usable relievers. the phillies produce nothing, so they have to go dumpster diving for workman, kennedy, knebel or use a middle reliever like neris in the 9th.

the depths of incompetence with this organization, from 1883 to 2022, is staggering and frankly kinda impressive

1000% nails it!  I'm printing this and it's going on my wall. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Phillies have an exactly .500 record since 2007