Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

They are truly wretched
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the nats traded 2/3 best players 8 months ago and are better
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on March 14, 2022, 12:24:24 PM
your options are a matt moore/chase anderson type that would accept a swing man role

STOP IT!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Brad Hand?!

He farging sucks.

MDS

these signings never work out for the phillies but he had
-a 0.77 whip in 2020
-in 2019 and 2021 it was 1.26...not amazing but not bad. above average.
-last year he had 196 PA vs RH, just 82 vs LH (for reference, alvarado had 159 vs RH, 92 LH -- a better ratio. matzek with the braves went 160/104).
-lefties had a 667 OPS and 1 homer against him
-over 1/3rd of his runs last year came in his 10 disastrous games with toronto

so the short of this is, hand can still get lefties out. he needs to be used correctly, in those opportune spots against those pockets. will joe do this?!? im guessing no he will not. but the numbers bear out that he can be effective.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I seem to remember him getting his tits lit just about every time he stepped on the mound late last season. Bombs away.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 15, 2022, 08:02:58 PM
I seem to remember him getting his tits lit just about every time he stepped on the mound late last season. Bombs away.

well what you seem to remember is always a more accurate account than actual data, so

PhillyPhreak54

God damn right.

Anyways, Schwarber...not a bad signing. Which means he'll become a modern day Lance Parrish.

MDS

i see this killing them in the micro...in the macro schwarbs is going to rake and hit dingers and bombs, some moon shots, itll be fine

against teams like the braves/dodgers/giants that have higher level pens and 2-3 lefties, this is going to kill them. the lefties at the bottom of the order like didi/herrera/stott are going to roll into schwarber/harper at the top and there just isnt a RH bat that scares anybody to offset it. jt and rhys are fine but they dont mash lefties, like say, castellanos does or jayson werth it.

not to mention he is a complete oaf who is going to stink it up in LF

Rome

Now we know why they didn't sign Kris Bryant. 

Mama Mia.  $182M/7-yrs to the Rockies.  Good for him.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 16, 2022, 06:35:31 PM

well #1 bryant didnt want to play in philly...hes a west coaster...and #2 he wanted that bag and boy howdy he got it. he aint gonna win anything but shtein i wouldnt care either with that paycheck

SD

Quote from: Rome on March 16, 2022, 06:35:31 PM

Thought there was an outside chance due to Harper but that was a pipe dream no way the Phillies were competing with that contract

Rome

He's worth the dough but not even the cancer pusher can afford another one like that.