Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

It doesn't have to be as bad as last year to still be a trainwreck. That was something else.

MDS

even a *bad* bullpen gets them into the playoffs last year. its remarkable how putrid they were.

on paper this version is better. bradley, kintzler, alvarado, neris is a proven back 4. wont call it good but simply proven. brogdon and romero are promising younger guys. theyre going to need to add to it over the summer and theres an easy scenario where it sucks again...but on paper....better.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The Phillies get their face cards when hitting on a 12.

ice grillin you

the man on base extra inning rule auto eliminates any baseball season from ever being fun
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2021, 09:17:41 AM
the man on base extra inning rule auto eliminates any baseball season from ever being fun

Yup horrible...just like the shootout in hockey

MDS

i thought i was going to hate it but i kind of liked it as the season progressed

would prefer they start it in the 12th or the 13th, not the 10th, but EI games can drag and this pumps some immediate excitement into it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2021, 11:22:25 AM
i thought i was going to hate it but i kind of liked it as the season progressed

would prefer they start it in the 12th or the 13th, not the 10th, but EI games can drag and this pumps some immediate excitement into it

Don't like it regardless but 12th/13th inning is at least reasonable

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dre Day on February 13, 2021, 10:28:21 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2021, 09:17:41 AM

Yup horrible...just like the shootout in hockey

its even worse than that and while I despise the shootout hockey is a physical super strenuous sport so it makes a little sense at least...baseball could play triple headers every day and no one would be worse for the wear

a bigger problem in hockey than the shootout is giving pts to the losing team...neither should exist but getting something for losing is a joke...nothing is a bigger joke tho than he second base rule
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

NL East win totals

Braves 90.5
Mets 90.5
Nats 84.5
Phils 80.5
Fish 74.5

Don Ho

HA!  Realmuto's twitter pic was taken at The Kahala Hotel, yours truly grew up on that beach.  I now walk my dogs there several times a week.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

LHP Tony Walton signed to a minor league deal.

PhillyPhreak54

JT broke his thumb. May not be ready for opening day.

LOL

MDS

the phillies everyone !

they always manage to do it

their lineup is overall good but its so thin that a knapp-realmuto swap even for a week makes it look terrible

Geowhizzer

Well, let's hope that today isn't a harbinger of things to come for Aaron Nola.

⅓ IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 ER

Ouch.

EDIT:  Check that.  Misread the box score.  It was Iván Nova, not Aaron Nola.

Damn old eyes.