Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Same. farging WuhanFlu!

Lol at the marlins announcer "will it stay fair" and it's 60' inside the pole

Great crowd. Months later it was packed and everyone pretended they'd been there all year

MDS

found another one...mcgwire hitting 3 bombs. 2 off tyler green, 1 off wayne gomes. the first is a steroid special. the other 2 wouldve been homers, they just went further with the juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rrEUG6BwWg
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

We've talked about the Eagles a bit (Kelly vs. Midnight green, etc.), but this is also a valid question.

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1257390401402609665

PhillyPhreak54

The current one is the top for me. Followed closely by the 82-91 and 50-69

MDS

the only correct answer is phil and phyllis
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Had this jawn on my wall growing up:

QB Eagles

Rome

The current laundry isn't bad but nothing beats the baby blues and maroons.

'82-'91 is badassery.

The Phil & Phillis thing was embarrassing btw.  Thank god the phanatic came along.

ice grillin you

the maroon p is the best...phil and phyllis is a better picture but its not something that you can put on game hat...it doesnt look quite right...on a t shirt its all world...really tho you cant go wrong with anything from 45-90
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2020, 10:33:51 AM
the maroon p is the best...phil and phyllis is a better picture but its not something that you can put on game hat...it doesnt look quite right...on a t shirt its all world...really tho you cant go wrong with anything from 45-90

Yes, love the maroon P!  also loved the Phillies script lettering in the early 70's.  WTF with 1944-45 and the bird?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on May 05, 2020, 10:41:33 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2020, 10:33:51 AM

Yes, love the maroon P!  also loved the Phillies script lettering in the early 70's.  WTF with 1944-45 and the bird?

Their owner at the time (Cox) bought the team and renamed them the "Phillies", they were called the Phil's prior to when he bought the team. He got the Pete Rose treatment after being caught betting on Phillies games. The new owner wanted to clean up the teams image so he named them the Blue Jays (hence the logo). The name didn't take so they changed it back to the Phillies after a few seasons

PhillyPhreak54

They have been known as the Phillies since 1890. Prior to that the Quakers.

MDS

youre both right

the bluejays thing was unofficially official. it was a nickname they tried to push for 2 years that never took. because nothing was ever filed they were still the phillies, but marketed themselves as the blue jays.

SD

They wore the blue jays patch for those two years. My response was in response to Dons post. I was right, you and jay are wrong

MDS

none of us are wrong. go visit your ex wife or something....today aint your day chief