Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Two God awful teams playing extra innings on the last week of the season, doesn't get any better than this
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

15 innings of ineptness. Woke up from my nap to see they lost on a walk off error?

Fitting

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 28, 2019, 02:04:46 AM
15 innings of ineptness. Woke up from my nap to see they lost on a walk off error?

Fitting

Actually the other way.  They managed to win in a walk-off error.

I only know this because I checked the box score.  Not losing sleep over this band of iceholes.

Here is the play:

https://twitter.com/PhilliesNation/status/1177805457748037632

Rome

TMac squealing like a bitch over a meaningless win makes it even worse.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 28, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
TMac squealing like a bitch over a meaningless win makes it even worse.

I took it as a "thank God this shtein is over."

PhillyPhreak54

81-81!

One game improvement.

Peace out, Gabe.

Rome

Cancer Stick Boy should get his stupid money Visa out and pay Joe Maddon whatever he wants. 

PhillyPhreak54

Hard pass on Maddon. Not a fan.

MDS

you already bought your bryce jersey youd fall quicker for joe
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He's by far the best available candidate. 

PhillyPhreak54

He will end up in Anaheim

I'm not sure who I want yet. Maybe Girardi.

MDS

well lets makes sure they hire whoever hentz wants

the front office runs the franchise no matter who is manager. they arent hiring insert old school person here to design lineups and in-game decisions on gut and feel. whoever it is will be on the same page with the same pencil neck dweebs that run the astros and the rays.

his name has been out there a bit but raul ibanez is a name. part of the reason they need to fire kap is everyone hates him and theres just this somewhat unearned cloud of negativity around the team because of him. managers really dont matter that much. this team liked kap for the most part. they just stunk. so hire whoever the farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

You had me at "they just stunk".

I think most on this board knew they were never going to make the playoffs or contend for the NL East title but we all hoped they would keep it interesting until the end which they kind of sort of did but by early August we all knew it was over. 

I think it was Iggy who pointed out that the last homegrown talent they produced of any significance was Choke.  We got a problem.

ice grillin you

what's truly special about this franchise is that they have stunk for the better part of a decade and their system sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous