Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

this is the kind of game they envisioned theyd win more of...score a bunch of runs and keep scoring

congrats on beating the marlins though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 30, 2019, 04:54:26 PM
So much for the Geo Jinx!

First win I think I've seen in at least 7 or 8 years.

Bamboo Miller's homer went nearly right over our head.

I haven't been to Citizen's Bank Park since about 2011, but all I can say it that the Marlins are, from the stadium seating to the food to the atmosphere, a second-rate organization.

My section was at least 70% Phillies fans.  The Marlins had a Cheerleader Guy trying to drum up support for the Marlins.  I think  we broke his spirit by the end of the game.

The pizza and wings at Sal's Italian Ristorante in Miromar on the way home, however, was excellent.  :yay

MDS

here it is

QuoteThe Phillies rank 15th in the majors in runs per game and 20th in slugging. Their OPS in right field – Bryce Harper's position – ranks 11th. Their OPS at catcher – All-Star J.T. Realmuto's spot – ranks 15th.

but da bullpen and da pitchin is so bad durrrr
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

nl pitching ranks 

12th in era
12th in K
15th in HR allowed
14th in hits
13th in whip

ps - theres 15 teams in the NL
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

everyone knew their pitching was going to be like this...their farging staff is anchored by aaron nola and jake arrieta and 1 pitch middle reliever hector neris is the closer

they were supposed to be a top 5 offensive team and they arent. thats the story.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 01, 2019, 11:03:39 AM
everyone knew their pitching was going to be like this

yeah thats exactly why the pitching is so much worse....the offense has good players playing bad...but they went into the season with this pitching which makes it infinitely worse

Rome

If only the hitters could produce an AVERAGE of seven runs a game.   I mean, that's totally doable, right?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2019, 11:10:13 AM
Quote from: MDS on July 01, 2019, 11:03:39 AM
everyone knew their pitching was going to be like this

yeah thats exactly why the pitching is so much worse....the offense has good players playing bad...but they went into the season with this pitching which makes it infinitely worse

the pitching has performed right about the level youd expect, the offense has under performed. im usually mad at the human for taking a dump in the house, not the dog, but you do you.

ice grillin you

on every possible level the pitching is much worse

no matter how much you try and play devils advocate that fact will not change

MDS

i never challenged that the pitching isnt good enough. if they were going to win this year, at least in the first half, it was going to be a bunch of 10-8 and 9-7 games. hasnt happened.

the hope was your offense carries you then you make some trades for the stretch run. but with their offensive inconsistencies, there probably wont be a stretch run.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2019, 01:30:13 PM
on every possible level the pitching is much worse

no matter how much you try and play devils advocate that fact will not change

Shhh... he's rolling. 

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know why lil guy is so focused on one facet.

Both offense and pitching blow. Ain't gotta be one or the other.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 01, 2019, 03:56:12 PM

this is true

the difference is the offense has been disappointing with a real hope of being better....the pitching just straight sucks and always will until new players are added

MDS

the offense has been disappointing

thats the game. thats it. every pitcher on staff is performing more or less to what their career numbers indicate theyd perform. bryce and jt are well UNDER their numbers. to a lesser extent so is mean jean the out machine.

the phillies were projected to get to 90 wins this way. they cant when everyone's favorite salt of the earth white catcher is cameron rupping it up out there.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2019, 04:09:08 PM

this is true

the difference is the offense has been disappointing with a real hope of being better....the pitching just straight sucks and always will until new players are added

He's right that we knew it wouldn't be great but they spent a freaking fortune on Arrieta, re-upped Nola and dished out a ton on broken down bullpen rag arms.  They *should* be better than they've been, but they've been horrendous.