Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

im not sure if its wheeler being on regular rest after a few weeks of extended, pitch tipping again, or the nats just being on him

his velo is good, but his stuff doesnt look sharp. oh well.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not going to dig the numbers out but it feels like they always hit him well.

Hopefully they can get to Williams and tie this up quick

PhillyPhreak54

So much for that.

Generational talent Trevor Williams is mowing them down.

Embarrassing.

PhillyPhreak54

And he's still mowing them down. That 89mph fastball and 78mph curve are devastating.

Joke

Geowhizzer

I called six shutout innings to my son at the beginning of the game.  I may have underestimated that.

Phillies + ESPN = suckitude of the highest order.

PhillyPhreak54

And they refuse to work pitchers. Just up there hacking away

QB Eagles

The Phils know they aren't supposed to play like Little Leaguers in this game, right?

PhillyPhreak54

Kids would probably hit better.

PhillyPhreak54

Schwarber was waiting for what...?! Just staring at good pitches

And of course Harper just hacks away and rolls one over

Just an embarrassing game

PhillyPhreak54

And JT throws a wet blanket on the miracle comeback.

PhillyPhreak54

And the Giants stink. But no doubt they come in and take 2/3 and muck up the WC that the Phillies should've been way ahead in by now

PhillyPhreak54

Giants
Cardinals
Angels

Three losers. Nine games. Call the record against them...

O/U 4.5 wins

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 20, 2023, 09:50:57 PMAnd the Giants stink. But no doubt they come in and take 2/3 and muck up the WC that the Phillies should've been way ahead in by now

the "shouldve" here is a pretty distinct misunderstanding of the phillies...they are not good enough to run away with this thing. they are incapable of making things easy. they are probably the 3rd best team in the NL but they are capable of playing like the worst.

they remain in a very good position to make the playoffs but they are not going to get there without a number of infuriating bumps. you know the ride, buckle in.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

So true.  We all knew what we signed up for.  Going to be a bumpy road and pull the car over so I can puke moments but wouldn't expect anything else.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.