Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

The outcome of the Phillies game matters approximately 0% to that list.

PhillyPhreak54

Phils win 11-0
Sixers lose
Eagles draft the next Marcus Smith

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on April 25, 2022, 11:04:57 PM
thurs
phillies 1
sixers 7
eagles picks ~9

complete disaster looming

Worked out surprisingly well

SD

My daughter K'd twice in her softball game yesterday. Otherwise yesterday couldn't have gone much better. Now let's brace ourselves for the Phils getting swept by the Mets and the Sixers with their annual second round exit.

MDS

an all time city sports day must be followed by months of torture...tis the rules
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2022, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2022, 11:46:25 AM
months of torture

Also known as the Phillies season

The Phils have been a refreshing gentle breeze compared to the travesty that has been the Flyers' season.

ice grillin you

an all time city sports day must be followed by months of torture...tis the rules

the day they traded for TO or especially Lindros was way bigger than yesterday

yesterday doesn't even register on best city sports days....I'm not even sure the eagles had a good day and the Phillies had an irrelevant  one

and if anything sums up Philly more than the Sixers yesterday I don't know what it is...people consider it a huge win cause they didn't choke a 3-0 series lead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I'm a cynic but jeezus dude it doesn't have to rank in the all time great sports days to be a great day. Going into yesterday none of us thought the Phils would pull off a 4 game sweep, we were all pretty sure the Sixers were making history and not in a good way...and we all had our fingers crossed with the birds. Phils won/Sixers destroyed Toronto in epic fashion and you might not like what the birds did but they're definitely more intriguing heading into the season. It's 60 and sunny in Philly today too. Just washed my suv. ☀️

ice grillin you

I guess after all my years of losing I just don't care about April baseball wins or first round nba playoffs where thank god at least they didn't pull an all time choke....at minimum I need to know the team has a chance at a championship and neither of those teams do

eagles were fine yesterday...terrible draft good trade

3-0 > 0-3 but nothing that happened yesterday moves the needle at all much less makes it some super amazing sports day....in fact it would have been More interesting had all three lost instead of just the eagles trade up but perhaps I'm just a sports masochist

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2022, 03:33:29 PM
perhaps I'm just a sports masochist

Today we are witnessing a rare igy understatement.

MDS

the phillies are being no hit and embiid died
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

no one tell jay how many other times he wasnt picked

MDS

i cant think of a bigger philly phail than not taking a midget with a strained pec who plays an unimportant position