2021 Flyers thread

Started by SD, January 13, 2021, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Maksim Sushko making his debut tonight.

ice grillin you

flyers bruins was the most watched and most streamed regular season game in nbcsn history....also only game to attract more than one million viewers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Had to go full Sixers until the end of the 1st period...that sun glare off the ice made it unwatchable

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 24, 2021, 03:27:44 PM
flyers bruins was the most watched and most streamed regular season game in nbcsn history....also only game to attract more than one million viewers

probably a bigger deal to big daddy comcast than winning a cup
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I'm sure no one is doing this but you should be following this flyer draft pick zayde wisdom in LV

black kid with a GOAT name who should still be in juniors but is tearing up the AHL

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Nice come from behind win tonight

Geowhizzer

MDS

yea yea whatever great win

taryn rocking grandma glasses and a tight no sleeve sweater thing and im rock hard

Geowhizzer

Great comeback, but Hart's extended slump is worrisome.  He was downright awful tonight.

MDS

heads up next year most regular season national games are going to be exclusive to hulu/espn+. so like a rando rangers/flyers game wont be on comcast or the package, it will be on espn+ and hulu.

welcome to the 2020s

ice grillin you

this is great cause espn+ is so much cheaper than having to buy the package and I already get it anyway so if I'm understanding this correctly I'm now going to be basically getting the package for free?

MDS

yes

i believe if you get espn+ the nhl package is just a part of that. they have to have like 15 subscribers if theyre just becoming simply one more thing on espn+

this will be a bigger problem for some normal idiot from philly who just wants to watch the flyers game and now wont be able to. and shtein bars likely are going to struggle here too. it wont be any big games and only be a few games total but still

ice grillin you

Theres like 1200 games on espn+

I think it's every game of the season besides the 25 they are going to show on abc/espn and the handful of reg season games whoever gets the b package will show

It's A LOT of games...like 99% of the regular season will be streaming...I'm assuming some playoffs will also be on espn+?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 12, 2021, 09:04:47 AM
I think it's every game of the season besides the 25 they are going to show on abc/espn and the handful of reg season games whoever gets the b package will show

in a way, yes. espn will be producing a few games a week that will be exclusive to espn+/hulu. meaning if its a flyers game and you live in philly, you have to watch it this way. they will also have the nhl package on there, as a part of the service. its two separate elements to the deal but ultimately if you have espn+ 95% of all nhl games will be there.

QuoteIt's A LOT of games...like 99% of the regular season will be streaming...I'm assuming some playoffs will also be on espn+?

maybe a lower tier first round game will co-exist, at most. the playoffs are being split with whoever buys the other package, so there should be enough space on regular tv to house all the games.

but there might be one day with an overflow or limited space, so nationally something zesty like lightning/islanders is on espn+ nationally but still on local stations in the home markets for the 33 people who watch the nhl there.