Astros just got smoked.

Hinch and Luhnow suspended for one year

Loss of 1st and 2nd rounders in 2020 and 2021

$5M fine

PhillyPhreak54

And now they were just fired.

WOW

Rome

Haha.  That's ridiculous.   Baseball is cheating.  It's part of the fabric of the game and what makes it mildly entertaining. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on January 13, 2020, 05:05:03 PM
Haha.  That's ridiculous.   Baseball is cheating.  It's part of the fabric of the game and what makes it mildly entertaining.

Stealing signs at second base and flashing signs to the batter is one thing.  Using technology is an entirely different level.

MLB sent a message.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: Rome on January 13, 2020, 05:05:03 PM

awful take

yes, its ingrained into the history of the game. the shot heard round the world included. but that dont make it right. j's squad was coloring way outside the lines and they got got
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

farg off, Junior. 

There's been cheating in baseball since the 1800s.  It's still going on, it always will go on, and as someone once said, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.

MDS

so cheating shouldnt be policed? or it should and if you get caught you shouldnt face and consequences?

i dont know what you want
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Boston has shtein canned Alex Cora

As for the sign stealing...I'm fine with guys trying to pick the catchers signs off while on base and relaying them. That's harmless.

But to have an elaborate scheme like this is out of bounds. It created a distinct advantage. What batter wouldn't want to know when an off speed pitch was coming? Hear that bang and you know you're not getting a fastball. Huge advantage. I'm glad the Astros got walloped.

Their organization has been arrogant as shtein. farg em

PhillyPhreak54

Donaldson to MIN on a four year deal.

Good. Get out of the division.

Geowhizzer

SD

Beltran stepped down/was canned lolMets

PhillyPhreak54

Word coming out now that some Astros were wearing buzzers on their bodies to help on pitch notification.

My astros season ticket rep groveling today for business with apologies was interesting.

MDS

not sure how that can be proven but if it can altuve and bregman and all the rest gotta go for a year at least. not sure what the union will allow, regardless it would go to court or an arbiter bla bla bla legal shtein

interesting but not surprising is internally the astros people are all going full blame the victim on fiers. i get it snitches get stitches, im from the street i live round the way i aint say shtein about shtein to nobody. but either something is or it isnt. and why are you even playing this silly little game if you can keep it straight.