Corey Clement, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, February 05, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Dude never got his own thread, which is shameful.  He was marvelous in the Super Bowl, and throughout the season.  Every time the guy had the ball, he seemed to be moving faster than anyone else around him.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Super consistent playmaker the whole season. I turned to my dad and said "That was just an undrafted rookie RB catching a bomb TD while double covered in the Super Bowl."

Too bad the broadcasters were more interested in how many millimeters the ball moved during the catch.

Remember Pumphrey? I won't.

General_Failure

The Eagles had a 100 yard receiver in the Super Bowl, and it was their third string RB.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

You could tell early on that he was going to be a big part of their game plan. Not sure if it's because they were making any sort of effort to get the local kid some run in SB or what, but one of their early drives they seemed to be really trying to get him in the end zone.

Glad he was able to have such a huge game. Awesome story.  Looking forward to watching a crappy Disney production about it in like 25 years.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 05, 2018, 10:51:54 AM

Remember Pumphrey? I won't.

Or Smallwood

Everyone kept talking about the X factor guy no ones talking about. Thought it would either be Clement or Burton.

General_Failure

ice grillin you

ive been looking at a lot of shtein this week.....and one of the things that stood out to me is that this cat had 10 catches the entire year.....has anyone does as much with so little to show for it ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Pederson was obviously holding those plays back all season. What a mastermind.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

MDS

there is a very decent chance he doesnt make the 53
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 05, 2018, 10:51:54 AM
Super consistent playmaker the whole season. I turned to my dad and said "That was just an undrafted rookie RB catching a bomb TD while double covered in the Super Bowl."

Too bad the broadcasters were more interested in how many millimeters the ball moved during the catch.

That still infuriates me!  Ding and Dong spent the whole time trying convince the entire world it wasn't a catch.   Loved it later when NFL Films played the mic'd up Gene Steratore "That's all control baby!'  It certainly was an incredible catch and just as impressive throw.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ill be honest i still lean towards it not being a catch....the ertz td was way more of a catch imo

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2020, 08:59:01 AM
ill be honest i still lean towards it not being a catch....the ertz td was way more of a catch imo

During the actual game this was my thought process but the explanation was spot on, he shifts the ball but never loses control. Rules says you have to maintain control (he clearly did) not that it has to stay in one hand/arm.

ice grillin you

im watching it now and i swear he never has full control of the ball...im not saying it 100% wasnt a catch but im just glad it was called a td on the field cause it wasnt getting reversed