2021 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

I don't know what fargin' team you guys have been watching that makes you think they're not going to pass on an obvious talent to take a project player.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

It's the Eagles. They are going to take a boring, small DE who will show some flashes but never really solidify as a starter.

PhillyPhreak54

Micah Parsons is someone I see being mocked to them.

I laugh at that because he plays LB. We know they hate LBs.

But watch this be the year they draft him with Smith or Chase still on the board.

MDS

brugler has them taking chase...smith went 3rd

at this point its hard to see him lasting to 6 if you want smith
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

athletic did a mock where each teams beat writer made a selection for the team they cover

zach berman took lil penei (over waddle, pitts, lance and the two cb's)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont see how cinci passes up on him...not sure what their writer is thinking
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

He took chase

he does mention OL but suggests they do that thru FA

MDS

latest athletic mock

Quote6. Philadelphia Eagles — Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
More likely to trade up or down? Down. Unless the Eagles are already all the way out on Jalen Hurts, the value for them is in stockpiling picks. They're still in a good spot here to dangle a QB or an elite wide receiver to a team in need.

Pitts is special. He's a "tight end" by designation but can do so much, from so many different alignments, to help an offense that he almost needs his own category. If new coach Nick Sirianni's offense still looks like it did in Indianapolis, he'd take full advantage of Pitts' talents.

im all in on chase-pitts

PhillyPhreak54

Eagaholic

I'd rather see them trade down a few spots, especially with all the holes and Howie's track record, and this year in particular being more of a crap shoot. Dropping down to #9 and picking up an extra 3rd and 6th might be pretty doable. It would still be fun if Chase or Sewell fell to them to see the pick, but better to resist the shiny objects at 6.

Rome

I'd be fine with trading down if they had someone making the picks who wasn't a total retard.

The Eagles rarely get to select elite talent, and that's to their credit, but when they get these rare picks they have a better chance hitting on them than they do later in the first round.

ice grillin you

i wouldn't trade down because of the drop off after pitts and the two WR's and hurts is going to need big time talent around him to succeed...but while I agree totally with you that the higher you pick the harder it is to farg up it's also true that the more picks you have the more chances howie  gets to get some of them right...that's been the problem in the last few years...he's been terrible but there also has been no margin for error cause of how few picks they've had

MDS

keep the hype going

Quote6. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
The Eagles need a lot of help at receiver, and even though Pitts isn't technically a wide receiver, he will help address those issues. Pitts was as dominant as any player in college football in 2020 with 43 catches for 770 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games. New Eagles quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson was the offensive coordinator at Florida. He knows better than anyone in the NFL just what a weapon Pitts can be.

The Coaching Intel

"For a tight end, he is as dynamic as it gets. He has the size, the length and terrific hands. I was really impressed with his route-running. He is such a polished receiver. He's everything you want in a receiving tight end. I do question his blocking, so maybe you're not going to do much in-line stuff with him."

"He's such a stud. How do you defend him? He's an NBA basketball player playing tight end. He just kept getting better and better over the last couple of years. He's special, man. He's unique. He is such a mismatch issue. He's every bit of a 4.5 flat guy, and he plays it. And for a longer-legged, bigger-frame guy, they have to build up speed. But he gets there (to top speed) quicker than some of those long guys. He competes, too. You can just feel it in him. He wants to dominate. I have a ton of respect for him. If you'd ask me after the '19 season, I'd say he was just a big receiver. But he's become a more serviceable blocker. He's gonna put his face on someone and cover him up. He's gonna fight you. He's not gonna be a guy you run power behind or is a knock-back, violent blocker, but he really got better there, too."

phattymatty