The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

They're doing their players no favors by making them wear those things.

* Ducks Incoming From Phreak... *

Drunkmasterflex

Apparently Paul is going to go to the Clippers now.  At least until he isn't again.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

Evidently Howard isn't going anywhere although the latest rumor I heard sounded really reasonable.

Brook Lopez & Gerald Wallace for Howard seems really reasonable to me.  Not sure what else Orlando thinks it can get for him, but whatever...

Sgt PSN

Paul to the Clips is done. If I'm the Lakers, I'd be pissed.

Hawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 14, 2011, 09:23:24 PM
Paul to the Clips is done. If I'm the Lakers, I'd be pissed.

Why... The clippers offered a much better trade.

Sgt PSN

Because (a) the Lakers deal was a very good one and agreed upon before the Clips were involved and (b) the league came out and said they prefer to send Paul to the Clips.

This wasn't a case of 2 teams bidding on a player and the Clippers simply put together a better offer, it was the league basically black balling the Lakers because "they're too good" while still moving a big name player into a big time market.

Hawk

The Lakers trade wasn't good.  It added a ton of salary to a team that the NBA is trying to sell.  Scola and Odom are in their early 30s, and Martin is in his late 20s.... no one wants to buy the Charlotte Bobcats circa 2008.... a 7-8 seed that will get rocked in the first round.... in fact, that team might not even make the playoffs given the shortened season... This Clippers trade is much better... Eric Gordon, Aminu, and a potentially top 5 pick.

DH

So the NBA League Pass will be the same amount for 66 games as it is for 82...

David Stern; making new fans at every turn

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on December 15, 2011, 10:44:57 AM
So the NBA League Pass will be the same amount for 66 games as it is for 82...

David Stern; making new fans at every turn

wow that is farging bullshtein

yes im still getting it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

so am I, but after the horrible summer, botched cp3 trades and the overall disinterest for the nba in general, I thought, just for a split second, that Stern would do the right thing and at worst, prorate the package.

Guys like you and me arent the issue - we're idiots and will buy it regardless, but they should have offered it for half the price of last year just to get the on the fence buyers on board...then jack it back up to regular price next year.

It's another (and maybe the biggest) slap in the face to the fans, especially when they wax poetic about how the lockout was never about the money.

ice grillin you

forget the fact that it was a league work stoppage....forget how it happened...natural disaster....tragedy...whatever...i wouldnt care why or how....you should get what you pay for...66 games is 66 games is 66 games

to me prorating it wouldnt be doing anything special....it should be less than it should be...half price would have been a nice bone to throw to the fans

Rome

MDS

not trying to defend stern here but i think the price is in demands call, since they control the package

of course the nba could twist their arms here, but that doesnt appear to be the case.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

indemand has as much influence on the price of that package as i do