i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: DH on May 19, 2011, 09:11:29 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2011, 08:59:18 AM
top ten all time what?

all time all time

I can't believe his head coach would say such a thing.

ice grillin you

in terms of all time players dirk kind of reminds me of iverson in that they both could do things that were amazing for their size but whose numbers dont necessarily equate into them being an all time great player

i dont look at dirk and say damn hes a great player....i look at him and say i cant believe a guy 7'0 can shoot like that....and when i saw iverson i said holy shtein how does he finish at that size

they both also are players who need titles on their resume to bring them near that elite level of player...neither are karl malone or elgin baylor or even charles barkley...a title would do wonders for dirk this year

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2011, 09:42:20 AM
in terms of all time players dirk kind of reminds me of iverson in that they both could do things that were amazing for their size but whose numbers dont necessarily equate into them being an all time great player

i dont look at dirk and say damn hes a great player....i look at him and say i cant believe a guy 7'0 can shoot like that....and when i saw iverson i said holy shtein how does he finish at that size

they both also are players who need titles on their resume to bring them near that elite level of player...neither are karl malone or elgin baylor or even charles barkley...a title would do wonders for dirk this year

Sort of agree with this, sort of disagree.  I never really watch Dirk and think he's one of the 3 best players in the game.  So it's hard for me to reconcile him being an all time great when I don't hold that view of him.

But then I look at his numbers from basketball reference, and what he's compiled has been pretty amazing statistically. 

DH

Quote from: reese125 on May 19, 2011, 09:28:12 AM
top ten all time what?

all time all time

after making the statement, patrick said "reasonable men can disagree".

in all seriousness, without diving too deep into it, I'd say Dirk would certainly a Top 50 player if  they re-did that list all over again. Top 40? Maybe, but that's probably about as far as I'll go.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 19, 2011, 09:49:00 AM

Sort of agree with this, sort of disagree.  I never really watch Dirk and think he's one of the 3 best players in the game.  So it's hard for me to reconcile him being an all time great when I don't hold that view of him.

But then I look at his numbers from basketball reference, and what he's compiled has been pretty amazing statistically.  

i am not saying you are doing this because you seem to agree that hes not an elite all time great player but you can go find players and pick some "amazing" numbers....buck williams for example...where you still wouldnt make them an all time all time great player

altho stats definitely mean something the eye test always trumps

lets keep this in perspective tho we are arguing over whether the guy is like the 25th or 65th best player of all time...its not like someone is saying he sucks and someone else is saying hes top 5

DH

personally, i still think the bucks got the better of the trade

reese125

Quote from: DH on May 19, 2011, 09:59:34 AM
Quote from: reese125 on May 19, 2011, 09:28:12 AM
top ten all time what?

all time all time

after making the statement, patrick said "reasonable men can disagree".

in all seriousness, without diving too deep into it, I'd say Dirk would certainly a Top 50 player if  they re-did that list all over again. Top 40? Maybe, but that's probably about as far as I'll go.

Yeah-his numbers are definitely worthy of that list.

I bet it could be even higher if he wasn't labeled a soft player his whole career.  It wast until this year he finally said farg it I'm taking the ball hard to the rim on a consistent basis....and it's paying off for him.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2011, 10:02:00 AM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 19, 2011, 09:49:00 AM

Sort of agree with this, sort of disagree.  I never really watch Dirk and think he's one of the 3 best players in the game.  So it's hard for me to reconcile him being an all time great when I don't hold that view of him.

i am not saying you are doing this because you seem to agree that hes not an elite all time great player but you can go find players and pick some "amazing" numbers....buck williams for example...where you still wouldnt make them an all time all time great player

altho stats definitely mean something the eye test always trumps

lets keep this in perspective tho we are arguing over whether the guy is like the 25th or 65th best player of all time...its not like someone is saying he sucks and someone else is saying hes top 5

Agree 100%

reese125

god damn Harden has a nice handle--oh and he can shoot a little bit too.

phattymatty

yeah he'd def be a number one scorer on a lot of teams. he's lucky he's such a good shooter though because 90 year old terry shouldn't be blowing by him like he has been tonight.

reese125

terry is still a quick little bitch though, and moves very well with and without the ball.

tough match up.

DH

Quote from: reese125 on May 19, 2011, 11:26:52 PM

dude made a living out of taking it to the hoop last night; i was very impressed. you see why boston wanted him instead of green.

and that durant dunk last night was out of this world disgusting.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on May 19, 2011, 11:26:52 PM

he actually has a weak handle i dont know where the hell he pulled that shtein out of last night

reese125

well regardless where he found it, he must have it somewhere.

even the 4Q outlet pass to him, where he caught it and went quick over to his left around Barera was pretty decent. Then he finished hard on Dirk with his left.