Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if you like free throws it was the best performance ever

btw how happy would it make you if dirk was a neo nazi
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Actually, I like a player who goes home every offseason and adds a facet to his game.   Guys like Kobe, Dirk, Durant spend their offseasons working on their game and adding new moves that make them unguardable.  Whereas guys like Lebron are busy throwing Vegas bashes and working on their marketing prowess.

Only you wouldn't appreciate one of the most dominant playoff performances in history. 

MDS

yea lebron is lazy and he doesnt work hard

he hasnt gotten any better since his rookie year

he sucks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 01:50:08 PM

he sucks

Lebron does not work on his game like the three guys I mentioned.   Durant, Dirk, Kobe are known for being at the gym hours on end working on new facets of their game.  Lebron isn't. What new moves has Lebron added over the past few years?  Any?? I'm pretty sure he's still relying on being a physical freak and being stronger and more athletic than everyone on the court to get to the rim. 

DH

There is a huge difference between being dominant and being unbelievably efficient. I wouldn't call Dirks performance dominating just because he sank a ton of FT's. Efficient though? Hell yea, He attempted 15 shots and had 48 points. That shtein is just crazy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

he sucks

Lebron does not work on his game like the three guys I mentioned.   

just curious but how do you know this?

i love how people hate lebron so they make up stuff that they couldnt possibly know or even believe

and i was thinking man ive watched dirk for a long time and dont really remember him changing one bit...great shooter but hes been the same exact guy for basically his whole career

his averages in 01-02 compared to his career averages

pts 23 vs 23
reb 9.9 vs 8.4
ast 2.4 vs 2.7
fg% 47 vs 47
3pt fg 39 vs .38
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

he sucks

Lebron does not work on his game like the three guys I mentioned.   Durant, Dirk, Kobe are known for being at the gym hours on end working on new facets of their game.  Lebron isn't. What new moves has Lebron added over the past few years?  Any?? I'm pretty sure he's still relying on being a physical freak and being stronger and more athletic than everyone on the court to get to the rim.  

When did Dan Gilbert join this board? I get the hate for Lebron; I dislike him for how he handled his business too. But to say he doesn't work at his game in the offseason like the others you mentioned screams of a broken-hearted Cavs fan.

phattymatty

how awesome was little dude last night at the lottery? i like that kid.

Sgt PSN

Actually, if you examine Dirk's game from year to year, you will see that he makes changes every year based on how teams and players guarded him. One year he shoots 3s, the next he's adding a post game, then getting to the line. He probably makes more changes to his game than any other player.

I'm not saying he works harder than Lebron or that Lebron doesn't work in the offseason....that's insane even by my standards. But Dirk does constantly fine tune his game each year as well, if not better than anyone else in the league.

BigEd76

Quote from: phattymatty on May 18, 2011, 03:27:28 PM

Minnesota's GM is convinced the lottery is rigged for these sob stories.  Last year it was Abe Pollin's wife or something.....oh ok here's John Wall to ease the pain.  Whatever.....you're gonna get Derrick Williams anyway so stop whining...

DH

When they first showed all the reps from the camera angle above, I thought he was a dwarf. I wasn't sure he wasn't one until he said he was 14 and had a nerve disease. I felt bad for a second but it passed.

DH

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 18, 2011, 03:38:19 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on May 18, 2011, 03:27:28 PM

Minnesota's GM is convinced the lottery is rigged for these sob stories.  Last year it was Abe Pollin's wife or something.....oh ok here's John Wall to ease the pain.  Whatever.....you're gonna get Derrick Williams anyway so stop whining...

David Khan is a bafoon. Widely regarded as one of the worst execs in the league.

How great would it have been if the Clips had the pick and drafted Williams...Griffin + Williams = Nightly laser dunk shows.

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2011, 02:47:22 PM

he sucks

Lebron does not work on his game like the three guys I mentioned.   

just curious but how do you know this?

i love how people hate lebron so they make up stuff that they couldnt possibly know or even believe

and i was thinking man ive watched dirk for a long time and dont really remember him changing one bit...great shooter but hes been the same exact guy for basically his whole career

his averages in 01-02 compared to his career averages

pts 23 vs 23
reb 9.9 vs 8.4
ast 2.4 vs 2.7
fg% 47 vs 47
3pt fg 39 vs .38

By watching/reading NBA basketball rather than pulling up statistics.  Articles have been written ad nauseum about the work ethic of guys like Dirk, Kobe, Durant.  I really haven't seen those type of pieces on Lebron.  His jumper still sucks, he still relies on overpowering his opponents... his post up game isn't where it should be.  While Lebron was dancing around with Bosh and Wade in Miami celebrating the pre-season championship, Dirk was in Germany working on his fadeaway and getting to the line.

phattymatty

Quote from: DH on May 18, 2011, 03:38:56 PM
When they first showed all the reps from the camera angle above, I thought he was a dwarf. I wasn't sure he wasn't one until he said he was 14 and had a nerve disease. I felt bad for a second but it passed.

ha i thought the same thing.  right when i turned it on some espn retard was saying something about people liking him and the kid goes "what's there not to like about me?"

Hawk

Quote from: DH on May 18, 2011, 03:17:58 PM

he sucks

Lebron does not work on his game like the three guys I mentioned.   Durant, Dirk, Kobe are known for being at the gym hours on end working on new facets of their game.  Lebron isn't. What new moves has Lebron added over the past few years?  Any?? I'm pretty sure he's still relying on being a physical freak and being stronger and more athletic than everyone on the court to get to the rim.  

When did Dan Gilbert join this board? I get the hate for Lebron; I dislike him for how he handled his business too. But to say he doesn't work at his game in the offseason like the others you mentioned screams of a broken-hearted Cavs fan.

I never said he didn't work on his game, but nowhere near the level of certain guys in the league.  These are the guys who show up each season with another weapon at their disposal.  Dirk didn't always have that fadeaway... he went back to his coach in Germany and worked on it to the point that it's now unguardable.