The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Yeah.....I think that's who it was. 

Also, those rumors about Gasol's woman are over a week old.  It was being brought up during the series vs the Mavs (although I never heard that Brown was involved).  Gasol even addressed it and said that nothing was wrong.....so who knows? 

MDS

im not sure ive seen shannon brown linked to it, though

this is just a hook up. nash's wife actually got preggers from j rich and i think it escalated to the point where they were at the hospital and out popped a black baby
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on May 16, 2011, 03:36:59 PM
im not sure ive seen shannon brown linked to it, though

Apparently Brown tweeted that he didn't shag Pau's girl.

Quotenash's wife actually got preggers from j rich and i think it escalated to the point where they were at the hospital and out popped a black baby

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went down. 

Also, this is Pau's girl.  Nice

PhillyPhreak54

I think the Nash/Richardson thing has been proven a myth, no?

Sgt PSN

Yes....but it's a lot more fun to pretend it really happened that way. 

BigEd76

gotta love it......the Clippers traded away the #1 pick in the draft

Cleveland gets #1 (and their regular #4), Minnesota gets #2 and Utah (from NJ) gets #3

PhillyPhreak54

Clippers fans must have pissed off the sports gods to be stuck with Donald Sterling and such an inept management group. How do you top-3 protect the pick? Or top-5?

Sgt PSN

Dirk is out of his mind tonight. He is hitting from everywhere.  This is easily the best individual playoff performance I've seen since MJ and possibly a top 3 performance all time. 24/24 free throws, 12/15 FG, 48 pts. Wow.

rjs246

Top 3? TOP 3? TOP THREE?!?!

Neat.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

lol...sarge must have been out of his mind with excitement watching all those free throws made....its arguable whether it was the top perfromance in this years playoffs....top three of all time is ludicrous....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Are any of Dirks performances exciting?

Maybe I'm just a sucker for speed and the quick dribble and drive or pull-ups off of screens because watching him catch in the post or top of the key- turn, give a head fake and shoulder into the defender before shooting does nothing for me. Sure he's got a very pretty, accurate shot and has been more aggressive going inside, but his play has no wow factor to me at all.

Eagles_Legendz

His game almost never has any wow factor to it, but when you look at his career numbers, they are pretty damn impressive.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2011, 07:30:10 AM
lol...sarge must have been out of his mind with excitement watching all those free throws made....its arguable whether it was the top perfromance in this years playoffs....top three of all time is ludicrous....

2 errors on my part.  First was that should be top 5, not 3.  I posted that from my phone.  Stupid fat fingers.  The other part is that while I said it's one of the best performances I've seen since MJ, I didn't specify that it's possibly one of the best performances that "I've seen" all time.  There have been plenty of top playoff performances that I didn't see, only caught glimpses of on highlights.  So I can only grade it compared to other games that I've actually watched, which I know is going to be far less than some of you.  But oh well. 

And even there's no wow factor in Dirk's game in terms of driving the lane for a dunk or crossing people up on the perimiter, but watching last night you could tell that he was playing on a level that you don't see guys get to very often.  Yeah, 24 free throws is kind of boring.....until he got to about 18 of them and still hadn't missed.  Once you make that many in a row, it does add a little something extra to it just to see if he's going to miss.  And he was just sticking shots with defenders right up on him playing textbook d.  OKC rotated damn near everyone they had over to him and no one could stop him.  And in the 4th qtr, when OKC started making a little run, Dirk was knocking down j's, hitting free throws or penetrating and then kicking it out for 3.  I thought he was great last night.

That said, unless Dirk keeps that up I see OKC winning this series.  It took Dirk having the best game of his life along with Westbrook having one of his worst.  And overshadowed was Durant, who was almost good enough to cancel out Dirk completely. 

Hawk

Dirk's performance was the most efficient 40+ point performance in history, and it's not even close.  (Over 20%TS over Barkley's, the next closest)
Dude is unreal and is consistently underrated, as evidenced by the posts above.  Not the best performance in this playoffs??? Are you farging kidding me??? Don't let his race blind you Igy.