The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

The celebs in the front row at Laker games and the overall Hollywood vibe that's attached to the team really gives the rest of their fans a bad rep as being front runners and soft.  I've been to less basketball games than any other sport (including hockey believe it or not) so I can't accurately gauge basketball fans around the country like I could baseball or football, but Laker fans seem to be pretty farging legit to me.  Staples gets loud as farg when they are on the floor.  They're honestly some of the better fans I've come across in any sport. 

Diomedes

In other words, you attended when they were winning.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Lakers fans are only like that because their team is a consistent winner. Go to a Kings/Dodgers game and you'll see the true side of their fans.

Sgt PSN

Like going to a Phils game in 2001, right?

ice grillin you

its sooooo hard to be a laker fan....how do you even get loud cheers out of your body for a team that wins championships every year

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 29, 2011, 09:30:25 PM
Like going to a Phils game in 2001, right?

heres the difference....when the dodgers and phillies both suck phillie fans are 1000 times better....when the phillies and dodgers are both good the phillie fans are 1000 times better...if the dodgers win the world series and the phillies win 60 games dodger stadium is probably louder....be proud LA

perfect example is in a city of 12 million people the lakers parade drew a couple hundred thousand...in a city of one and a half million the phillies parade drew over two million
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

parade estimations are always over-inflated, there were not 2 million people on broad st that day

but there were more than any LA non-riot event ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lot of people said there was more than three...there was definitely more than two...most likely somewhere around two and a quarter to two and a half

MDS

theres never going to be a way to find out for sure but id estimate that even about a million would be generous

and thats not a knock on philly...it had to be one of the highest attended parades proportionate to the metropolitan area's population. when the eagles win itll be double the size. wait that wont happen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

I lived in LA from 98 to december of 2000.

I can tell you now, they're frontrunning iceholes. Dodger fans are actual fans. There aren't too many of them, but the ones that are there, are legit.

Lakers fans...no. Not even close.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Dennis Rodman and Chris Mullin made the hall of fame. Neither were worthy in my opinion.

Sgt PSN

I think Rodman absolutely is.  He's one of the best defensive players and rebounders to ever play the game.  And prior to arriving in Chicago, he was pretty good offensively too. 

I don't really get Mullin getting the nod, but whatever.  I guess Steve Nash is the only cracker left as of today with a legit shot to get in. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I think Rodman is deserving for sure.

MDS

and big ups to the legend that is herb magee getting in

philly u holla

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 04, 2011, 08:13:28 PM
I think Rodman absolutely is.  He's one of the best defensive players and rebounders to ever play the game.  And prior to arriving in Chicago, he was pretty good offensively too. 

I don't really get Mullin getting the nod, but whatever.  I guess Steve Nash is the only cracker left as of today with a legit shot to get in. 

regarding mullin you gotta remember its the basketball HOF not the nba HOF