The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: DH on February 23, 2011, 12:20:08 PM
writing on the wall, may do this, may do that. if this and if that. you speak in a lot of maybes.

$20 cp3 is a knick by next years trade deadline?

Down.

Hawk

Skip Bayless just said that Carmelo Anthony is the best rebounding small forward in basketball...

Skip needs to stick to arguing with TO/Chad Johnson.

And he just called Fields the real rookie of the year... because he doesn't consider blake a rookie?

I guess he forgot about Wall.

ice grillin you

hes a FA next year who wants to go to ny...to say that that theres absolutely no way he wont go there because of a cba deal that we know nothing about is crazy

im with dh...somehow someway he ends up in ny...i say 75% chance of it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

with some luck by then la la vazquez will want to live in LA and amare's knees will fall off
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2011, 12:33:53 PM
with some luck by then la la vazquez will want to live in LA and amare's knees will fall off

Amare's knees are already starting to fall off.  D'Antoni is playing him 40+ minutes a night and it's eventually going to lead to Amare's knee exploding again. 

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2011, 12:29:12 PM
hes a FA next year who wants to go to ny...to say that that theres absolutely no way he wont go there because of a cba deal that we know nothing about is crazy

im with dh...somehow someway he ends up in ny...i say 75% chance of it

Bet on it too??

DH

Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 01:37:14 PM

Amare's knees are already starting to fall off.

Really??? He's having his best season of his career. Just stop already.

Hawk

Quote from: DH on February 23, 2011, 01:51:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 01:37:14 PM

Amare's knees are already starting to fall off.

Really??? He's having his best season of his career. Just stop already.

Have you watched how he's playing since he got 50 minutes in that double OT game???? His numbers have been deteriorating as the season has progressed? I guess it was the Carmelo rumors and not the fact that 40+ minutes a game is slowly going to break him down.

So please stop yourself... and I anxiously await your 20 dollars.

DH

Ive probably been to more knicks game this year than you have watched on tv..

youve completely changed youre statement all in the matter of one hour..
your initial post said "Amare's knees are already starting to fall off": incredibly untrue
your latest post says "40+ minutes a game is slowly going to break him down": 100% true

Had you said what you said in your second post first, I wouldnt be wasting my time on this.

Dillen

The 2OT game was at the end of November dude. That's almost 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure that was actually in the beginning of his 11 straight games with 30+ points or whatever too. I guarantee if you look at the splits or game-by-game you're not gonna see shtein "deteriorating as the season has progressed." He's been a monster this year. He hasn't slowed down one bit.

MDS

the hope is by the time they can sign cp3 amare will be finished

right now hes top 5 mvp candidate but right now really doesnt matter to the sixers title hopes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

heinrick

for

bibby
jordan crawford
#1 pick

couple other scrubs involved but thats essentially the deal that just went down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Didn't Amare's field goal dip under 500 percent for an entire month for the first time in his career in January???

Amare is not an MVP candidate and never was.  You're aren't an MVP candidate when you are on a .500 team and you play no defense.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 11:05:51 PM
You're aren't an MVP candidate when you are on a .500 team and you play no defense.

True in most cases except when you lead a NY team to a winning record that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in over a decade.  If Amare played for the Grizzles this would be a topic. But since he plays in NY, he'll get plenty of MVP consideration.  Hell, even most talking heads on ESPN have been saying that the Knicks now have 2 of the top 10 players in the league now. No way Amare was considered top 10 in Pheonix. What a difference NY makes in the minds of some people.

Hawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 23, 2011, 11:32:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 11:05:51 PM
You're aren't an MVP candidate when you are on a .500 team and you play no defense.

True in most cases except when you lead a NY team to a winning record that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in over a decade.  If Amare played for the Grizzles this would be a topic. But since he plays in NY, he'll get plenty of MVP consideration.  Hell, even most talking heads on ESPN have been saying that the Knicks now have 2 of the top 10 players in the league now. No way Amare was considered top 10 in Pheonix. What a difference NY makes in the minds of some people.

That's why the mainstream median is a joke.   The Knicks have never been a storied NBA franchise.  The Knicks have never had a rivalry with Boston... ESPN just makes shtein up.