The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

MDS

even with that tade i still put bos, mia, chi, orl, ny and maybe even atl over the nets.

plus they are 5 games back of the sixers for the 8 spot and realistically cant get higher than 7....which means at best they are playing miami or boston in the first round

plus carmelo wants to play at msg

what is the point of this trade for nj?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

1. drive interest to a team which has less than none currently
2. lure chris paul in 2012
3. pick up the pieces from an offseason where they were supposed to compete for lebron, boozer, gay, etc and ended up w travis outlaw
4. stop him from going to the knicks

SD

NJ gets much better and they get a star. This move is win/win from their standpoint. I wish he wanted to play for the Sixers because I'd ship Iggy/Turner/1st and whatever else they wanted. Only untouchable I wouldn't include would be Holiday. Melo is exactly what this team needs.

MDS

Quote from: DH on January 10, 2011, 01:46:25 PM
3. pick up the pieces from an offseason where they were supposed to compete for lebron, boozer, gay, etc and ended up w travis outlaw

i was the under the impression nothing could stop from going to the knicks and thats where he wanted to play

they are still, what...like 5 years away from moving to brooklyn? you think melo wants to ball in newark until then?

its a massive risk for NJ unless they lock up melo long term right now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

they'll be in brooklyn starting the 12-13 season and they would only make the deal if melo agrees to a long term deal

MDS

well then...this could actually work

they need a lot more besides washed up rip hamilton and chauncy b b b billupps but its certainly a start

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 10, 2011, 01:53:03 PM
Quote from: DH on January 10, 2011, 01:46:25 PM

i was the under the impression nothing could stop from going to the knicks and thats where he wanted to play

they are still, what...like 5 years away from moving to brooklyn? you think melo wants to ball in newark until then?

its a massive risk for NJ unless they lock up melo long term right now

melo is overrated anyway...i dont see him as a guy thats ever going to lead a team to a title...hes got a lot of tracy mcgrady in him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on January 10, 2011, 11:13:05 AM
4th in the east = like 7th or 8th in the west, so "legit" is relative to conference. literally.

Pretty much what I was getting at.  Melo is really the only thing they're after in this trade, the rest are mostly just throw ins to make the trade work.  But still, getting a couple proven vets who can make them a top 5 team in the conference is a step in the right direction.  Since they're getting ready to move to Brooklyn, the higher they sit in the standings, the better.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2011, 02:36:58 PM
melo is overrated anyway...i dont see him as a guy thats ever going to lead a team to a title...hes got a lot of tracy mcgrady in him

I said pretty much the same thing a few months back when there were brief rumors about the Sixers going after Melo and got laughed at.  Don't remember who it was, don't really care enough to try and find it either.  But yeah, you be speaking gospel, son. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Does he have Tracy McGrady in him the way LeBron's mom has Delonte West in her?

Rome

Melo's a bitch.  Still, the Nets gotta do something because like Die Hard said, no one gives a flying farg about them now.

At the very least he'll put asses in seats when they move to Crooklyn.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 10, 2011, 03:31:20 PM
Does he have Tracy McGrady in him the way LeBron's mom has Delonte West in her?

i do know that when they were in toronto together vince carter butt humped mcgradys eye crooked

you know why canadians have so much anal sex?

so they can both watch the hockey game

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it also hurts the sixers chances of getting the 7 and thereby facing boston in rd 1....which would be the upset of the century when jeru bites off rondos dick in 6

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
you know why canadians have so much anal sex?

so they can both watch the hockey game

I laughed, dammit.

Quote from: MDS on January 10, 2011, 03:41:24 PM
it also hurts the sixers chances of getting the 7 and thereby facing boston in rd 1....which would be the upset of the century when jeru bites off rondos dick in 6

So?  The Sixers want to face the Heat, because they suck.