The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

texans>bulls playing back to back after beating the defending champions on opening nite
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Dwight Howard will be a legit MVP contender...this year. He has all the tools to be the next Duncan. Smooth, fluid feet, soft hands, and a solid, solid inside game.

I thought Orlando farged up by not selecting Okafor, but it looks like management knew what they were doing.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2006, 09:16:12 AM
texans>bulls playing back to back after beating the defending champions on opening nite

Yeah, that's true.

The Magic did come out smoking, though, especially Howard.  He put a spin move on Wallace and threw down a two handed rim-shaker that had Big Ben shaking his head as he ran up the court.

ice grillin you

Centers Thomas, Haywood Reportedly in Recent Fight

By Ivan Carter
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 7, 2006; E01

ORLANDO, Nov. 6 -- Washington Wizards centers Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood were involved in a physical altercation last Thursday in which the two traded punches at Verizon Center, according to two team sources.

One source, who requested anonymity because the team was trying to keep the incident private, said Thomas was angry over comments made by Haywood's agent, Andy Miller, on Oct. 30.

Miller was critical of Coach Eddie Jordan's decision to select Thomas as the starting center over Haywood, believing Jordan chose Thomas out of personal animosity toward Haywood rather than performance. "My concern is that this is based on personal issues rather than professional ones," Miller said the day of the decision.

Thomas felt that Miller's comments were a slight toward him, he approached Haywood and threw the first punch once the argument escalated, a source said. According to the source, Haywood responded to the punch by body-slamming Thomas to the ground, tearing out at least two of Thomas's dreadlocks in the process. The two players were separated by teammates and the altercation ended.

Thomas and Haywood declined to comment Monday night after losing to the Magic. Neither player was suspended and it was unclear whether any fines were assessed. Both players were in uniform for Monday night's game at Orlando.

Haywood was suspended for one game after he and Thomas got into a fight during practice last season.

Thomas was named the starter prior to last Wednesday's regular season opener at Cleveland following a heated competition between the two players that began in training camp and continued throughout the eight-game preseason, during which they rotated starts.

Haywood had been the primary starter during his five seasons with the Wizards and was not pleased by the demotion though he publicly said he was prepared to "be a professional and play as hard as I always do."

It's clear, however, that Haywood thinks of himself as a starter and is not happy coming off the bench. Miller stopped short of demanding a trade for his client but he did say "the current situation is not good for Brendan or for the team."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Nothing says fight like ripping out a dudes dreads...

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 07, 2006, 08:20:19 AM
Nothing says chick-fight like ripping out a "dude's" dreads...

Fixed.

phattymatty

brendan haywood is a little bitch.

mpmcgraw

BigEd76

BigEd76

Someone on the Nets likes schlong

There's rumors that it might be Richard Jefferson...

MDS

It's either him, VC or Kidd. Not Kidd from the wording of article. Not sure if Carter is married, but it sounds like Jefferson is the logic choice.

He's not gay, just bi. Hmmm.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=2699963

:-D

It was amazing to watch the Garden security force rush in and separate the fans from what was happening between the players.  Kudos to them for doing their jobs very well.

Also - Anthony's sucker punch on Mardy Collins is going to be an expensive one.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him made an example of by David Stern.  20 games, maybe?

One last thing... apparently Isiah Thomas told Anthony beforehand to stay out of the paint because he knew a hard foul was forthcoming.  Why would an opposing coach say something to a player on the other team ever?  Sounds like Thomas instructed one of his players to get dirty and then told the other team's star it was coming.  How friggen weird is that?

PhillyPhreak54

Carmelo is a bitch.

You see him backpedaling to midcourt when 5'7 Nate Robinson was going after him? What a stinkin Hoyda.